Community > Comics and Other Media

Swamp Thing series...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mandu:

--- Quote from: MyriVerse on April 27, 2019, 05:35:00 PM ---Why is Swamp Thing murdering people?

--- End quote ---

Well the fortunate things is that unlike Amazon, DC streaming is actually making their series available for sale. So you can buy them digitally.  Even buying every single series you'll still be overall paying less than subscribing to the service.  You'll just be a few months behind everybody else.

Tenzhi:

--- Quote from: Mandu on April 30, 2019, 12:22:54 PM ---Well the fortunate things is that unlike Amazon, DC streaming is actually making their series available for sale. So you can buy them digitally.  Even buying every single series you'll still be overall paying less than subscribing to the service.  You'll just be a few months behind everybody else.

--- End quote ---

Weird.  The price to buy a single season of a show is usually 2-3 times the cost of a month's subscription.

Mandu:

--- Quote from: Tenzhi on April 30, 2019, 08:40:17 PM ---Weird.  The price to buy a single season of a show is usually 2-3 times the cost of a month's subscription.

--- End quote ---

Well yeah, but the DC shows don't come out all at one time like Netflix. They are weekly so Titans at 11 weeks would be a three month subscription at 8 bucks a month.  Then you have Young Justice which started in at the beginning of January and released 3 episodes per week. But it went on hiatus at the end of January until July at which point there will be 12 more episodes.  Doom Patrol Started in February and is still currently running releasing 1 episode per week.  And I'm sure Swamp Thing will start up right as Doom Patrol or Young Justice is ending their season. So the entire model for their new series is to interlace them in such a way that you either have to keep your subscription active or wait till the end of the year and binge them all at once. 

Buying all of the series at full price amounts to pretty much the cost of maintaining your subscription through all of them except you actually own the series so you could still watch them at no additional charge while somebody who just subscribed will lose the ability to watch them unless they keep spending that subscription fee each month.  And if you actually wait longer then the price will undoubtedly drop in which case it's cheaper than being subscribed.

Yes waiting till the end of the year and binging all of them in a month or two is the cheapest option. But I prefer watching shows at my leisure and not worrying about having to get all the episodes in before the end of the month.  And being able to go back and rewatch when I want. Plus I would be buying them anyway if they are as good as people are saying.

MyriVerse:
Well, I dug the first ep. The progression was fairly predictable, but I'm liking the characters so far.

Vee:
So I've yet to watch episode 1 and it's already been cancelled. That seems promising.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version