Author Topic: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release  (Read 262194 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release
« Reply #1640 on: May 20, 2019, 08:25:58 PM »
Preventive Medicine heal set and Unbreakable guard resist are particularly stellar. The former has a chance for absorb proc and the latter a +max hp proc and a 3% melee defense bonus when 4 slotted. Oh and the new defense set has a scaling resist IO that works like SR's resist up to 10% at super low hp. just so many new options that builds are even tighter than before if that's possible. oh and sudden acceleration that PhiloticKnight mentioned is a new knockback set that has a kb to kd which isn't unique and works in hurricane. Can't wait to roll up a stormy now.

PhiloticKnight

• Minion
« Reply #1641 on: May 20, 2019, 08:40:57 PM »
Preventive Medicine heal set and Unbreakable guard resist are particularly stellar. The former has a chance for absorb proc and the latter a +max hp proc and a 3% melee defense bonus when 4 slotted. Oh and the new defense set has a scaling resist IO that works like SR's resist up to 10% at super low hp. just so many new options that builds are even tighter than before if that's possible. oh and sudden acceleration that PhiloticKnight mentioned is a new knockback set that has a kb to kd which isn't unique and works in hurricane. Can't wait to roll up a stormy now.

Those are actually NOT SCoRE/I25, those are I24 from Paragon Studios.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Preventive_Medicine
https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Unbreakable_Guard

In fact, it looks like Sudden Acceleration is the ONLY SCoRE/I25 Enhancement set, from what I can see...

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1642 on: May 20, 2019, 09:47:01 PM »

In fact, it looks like Sudden Acceleration is the ONLY SCoRE/I25 Enhancement set, from what I can see...

Hmm kb to kd and not unique....I sense many happy peacebringers
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1643 on: May 21, 2019, 05:11:08 AM »

Hmm kb to kd and not unique....I sense many happy peacebringers

you mean happier teams with a peacebringer on them. i don't think there's such an animal as a happy peacebringer :D

btw soloed the freakspec tonight. just insanely fun, emphasis on the insane. and for my trouble it dropped an lotg 7.5 and a panacea proc, which would have given me seizures if it happened back in the day.

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1644 on: May 21, 2019, 11:10:19 AM »

Right.

And looking at the patch notes there is really just one new set developed by the SCORE team.

Nightmarer

• Boss
  • We all float down here
« Reply #1645 on: May 21, 2019, 01:37:50 PM »
you mean happier teams with a peacebringer on them.

Ah no, afraid not, people don't know or don't care about KB to KD enhancements despite going really cheap. Peacebringers or not and keep making melee chars (especially all tankers, all wp and all da characters) a living hell. I am now determined to roll a grav/storm troller, payback is coming mwahahahaha

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1646 on: May 21, 2019, 10:26:11 PM »
you mean happier teams with a peacebringer on them. i don't think there's such an animal as a happy peacebringer :D

btw soloed the freakspec tonight. just insanely fun, emphasis on the insane. and for my trouble it dropped an lotg 7.5 and a panacea proc, which would have given me seizures if it happened back in the day.

No just happier peacebringers.  All my peacebringers back in the day we're easily played and knockback was no issue for me.  I even had a juggler build on one of them that I could switch into to show trolls on the team what kb could really be like :)
In fearful COH-less days

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #1647 on: May 22, 2019, 01:56:19 PM »
I know I had KB to KD on my Claws/Fire brute for Shockwave and(?) Focus, and, I'm thinking it was a relatively new addition.

On the first scan of my old Mids files... I accidentally wiped out and then overwrote some of the above build's power choices.. *rolls eyes* Saved the thing all this time and wiped it out in seconds. I've got a screenie with all his set bonuses still, at least. My other main main's Mids looks intact. I don't have a screenie for him.

Anyway, I was thinking non-unique KB to KD was around before the game poofed, and, relatively new. I know for sure I had it on Shockwave. I thought I had it on Focus, too, but I can't see what I used for mods. Maybe I'm wrong. I remember being real happy about my KB to KD on that toon..

If we're starting again at level one, and broke.. then it'll be awhile before I can afford the stuff that made up my builds, anyway.. It took a long time the first time, anyway. This's all academic, anyway. The game's back (sorta), that's the main thing. Gear is details. I think my mouse hand and keyboard fingers can remember how to get it when the time comes.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1648 on: May 23, 2019, 12:29:03 AM »
I know I had KB to KD on my Claws/Fire brute for Shockwave and(?) Focus, and, I'm thinking it was a relatively new addition.

On the first scan of my old Mids files... I accidentally wiped out and then overwrote some of the above build's power choices.. *rolls eyes* Saved the thing all this time and wiped it out in seconds. I've got a screenie with all his set bonuses still, at least. My other main main's Mids looks intact. I don't have a screenie for him.

Anyway, I was thinking non-unique KB to KD was around before the game poofed, and, relatively new. I know for sure I had it on Shockwave. I thought I had it on Focus, too, but I can't see what I used for mods. Maybe I'm wrong. I remember being real happy about my KB to KD on that toon..

If we're starting again at level one, and broke.. then it'll be awhile before I can afford the stuff that made up my builds, anyway.. It took a long time the first time, anyway. This's all academic, anyway. The game's back (sorta), that's the main thing. Gear is details. I think my mouse hand and keyboard fingers can remember how to get it when the time comes.

My memory is a bit fuzzy on it all, but I believe there was Unique KB to KD that worked for all powers?  Maybe it was just a single power.

As for rebuilding toons.  It is actually much faster this time around.  Don't get me wrong it still requires some grinding.  But the reduced Reward Merit prices, and newer economy, really speeds things up.  All 5 HC shards have a shared Auction house (which helps a ton).  Reward merits are 100 for a Very Rare, 50 for Rare, and 20 For Uncommon.  As opposed to what I think was 500 for a Very rare on live?
I was able to get my first char officially finished last night.  Soft capped Defenses, Perma Hasten, "Perma" Soul-drain (It has like a 1.3s CD) and solo'd* my first AV.  It ended up costing I wanna say....between 500-600 merits and 80-90 million influence?  Maybe a bit more.   The veteran levels speed up the incarnate process (For better or worse) but luckily people still run Itrails and stuff.

* - Solo'd using Lore pets and about 25 Envenomed daggers.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1649 on: May 23, 2019, 02:07:59 AM »
My memory is a bit fuzzy on it all, but I believe there was Unique KB to KD that worked for all powers?  Maybe it was just a single power.

I really thought I had all my Claws KB powers on KD, and, that it was one of the last things I did, and, that it was really good/fun. That's about all I remember about it.

I'm knee deep in STO farming (it doesn't take long but it goes on...forever...) and have a lot of mandatory RL to do. But. Man. You're making me wish I was back in Atlas Park. Architect. Running Itrials. Incarnating.. Running the wall of Roman dudes - whatever that was.. CoH was the first game that I ever played a satisfying melee toon in. And then I couldn't stop making them.

Anyway. yeah. sounds fun  : )

How big is that download, anyway.........? Was it easy enough to get an account set up and online and playing? Is the client still 32-bit.....?
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1650 on: May 23, 2019, 05:34:04 AM »
Focus was always kd. Shockwave is the place for it in clawls. The overwhelming force was universal damage, so it could go in any power that did damage, but not in hurricane, eg. The new one is from a knockback set so it'll go in anything with KB.  It also isn't unique so if you wanted to stick it in every PB kd power you could.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1651 on: May 23, 2019, 11:50:26 AM »
No just happier peacebringers.  All my peacebringers back in the day we're easily played and knockback was no issue for me.  I even had a juggler build on one of them that I could switch into to show trolls on the team what kb could really be like :)

KDown I never found as much fun.

On my En/En blaster and PB, loved knbk.  Kndown is good also.  I like the Solar Flare (Footstomp?) on the White Dwarf.  I used to stack that with the human version morphing between forms.

Fantastic stuff.  S-TISH.  Cr-ISSHH!  Normally Council mobs I liked doing that to most.

One of my 'irks' is the devs' took knbk out of Power Boost.  It's not as much fun now.

Sure, it was ridiculous knocking a grey mob a whole city block with it.  But that was part of the crazy 'hero' genre.  KnBK is now, ironically, the one thing my En/En blaster can't boost.

Another side issue.  Is it me, or did the devs' make room next to your enhancement slots...for what looks like...MORE enhancement slots?  Did they plan to give out more?

Some of the lesser used areas other than acc/dam and end....ie Range, Knbk and other aspects of the  power sets could be rounded out with more slots.  There is room there for something.  Range and Knbk are things that I'd like but can't afford to prioritise on a build so they go....wasted.  A shame.

Azrael.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1652 on: May 24, 2019, 04:08:57 AM »
Focus was always kd.

Wellllll my Mids disagrees.

I also remember having more than 1 KB power, and, I remember when I could convert both to KD, it made life way easier and more fun. None of my other powers are KD or KB in that build, soooo, it leads me to believe that Focus was KD before the shutdown.

I don't remember having to burn an enhancement slot in both powers to convert KB to KD.. I don't know how I did it.

*shrug*

I totally do remember more than 1 of my Claws powers going to KD, and, it being good. That's about it.

KDown I never found as much fun.

On my En/En blaster and PB, loved knbk. 

How can you not  : )

My Energy/Ice Blaster was named Energice.. Loved slamming things all over the screen with that guy. Ice offers pretty good defense, too. I wasn't very good at playing him team-friendly. I mean, I know you can hover and shoot straight down to kinda do KD instead of KB, but.. that kinda defeats the purpose of playing an Energy Blaster if you like using that power to pinball your mobs. I never played a Peacebringer (I may have fiddled..) but I sure loved my Energy guy and how he could keep mobs off their feet and send them flying. Very survivable and fun Blaster.

KB screwed up my Claws/Fire Brute, though. I wanted mobs staying close to me where I could light them on fire and drain their End while shredding them to...flaming shreds. Melee roundup/aoe is way easier when mobs stay nice and close. KD is great for a melee like KB can be great for an Energy Blaster. If they're off their feet, they aren't hitting you. But, yeah, you want them nice and close.

Man I was having the most fun ever, when they shut us down! The devs were on *fire*. You're making it all come back to me how fun it was to play  : )
Some Faves:

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1653 on: May 24, 2019, 05:12:56 AM »
If you look in the mids description of the power it says can possibly knock down your foes, whereas shockwave says possibly knock back. Power effects listings over where you mouse over to see set bonuses applied always say knockback. You can also tell from the base mag. My first ever toon was a claws, focus has been knockdown since at least issue 12. Also you'd have to be remembering from the secret server or the newer ones since overwhelming force's proc was unique.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1654 on: May 24, 2019, 09:34:44 PM »
So...had anyone yet started to think at work "this blasted job is interfering with my CoH time"?

In fearful COH-less days

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #1655 on: May 25, 2019, 03:21:20 AM »
So...had anyone yet started to think at work "this blasted job is interfering with my CoH time"?

Retired a few months ago. 
Bought a new gaming capable rig figuring I'd learn to play Elite Dangerous until some spiritual successor came thru.
Then this happened
 ;D

so... HA HA!
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1656 on: May 25, 2019, 06:04:34 AM »
Well.. My first attempt to 'Add image to post' was a fail...

You'll have to settle for my crummy new links from Box, who, used to have really nice direct links until like 2 days ago..

https://app.box.com/s/jqwbejqo82z5r6ggx5l6f709da7hpzqm

https://app.box.com/s/72pexiq8btveo5mgpd9matzi6l0tsr08

Power effects listings over where you mouse over to see set bonuses applied always say knockback.

They don't on my TW/ELE build. I can make a screenie if you want...

Anyway. I'm willing to concede the point. Whatever it was. Maybe I remembered it all wrong. *shrug*. It wouldn't be a first. I thought the KB to KD thing rang a bell.

I'm pretty sure the part I remember about having a lot of fun and it was just getting better and better is right. I'm jealous of you guys playing again already! I'll be one of you soon enough, hopefully. It seems like a straightforward enough process. Go Go to all the people who are making it possible.
Some Faves:

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1657 on: May 26, 2019, 03:39:10 AM »
Retired a few months ago. 
Bought a new gaming capable rig figuring I'd learn to play Elite Dangerous until some spiritual successor came thru.
Then this happened
 ;D

so... HA HA!

I daren't play Elite Dangerous.  I'll get sucked in and do nothing else.

It's bad enough that 'this happened.' :o

Azrael.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1658 on: May 26, 2019, 03:47:38 AM »

Uhuh...

:)

And isn't Sniping with new, improved En/En Insta-Sniping transformative.

Snipe.  Dead.  (I mean, arrested.)  Snipe.  Dead.  Snipe Nova.  Snipe Torrent.  Snipe Bone Smasher...  Nova...Snipe.Power Thrust Snipe.  So many new powers. :P

Rinse repeat Novas that don't blow end.  I can even fly with Power Regen on...discounts all end on all powers....don't need to slot for end... :OOO

And now flying combat (Don't even have hover...) is very fun.  Chris Reeve Superman style drifting along...BONE SMASHER....SNIPE!  POWER BLAST!  TORRENT!  EX-BLAST SNIPE!

En/En Blaster.  I knew one day you'd come...

First en/en blaster I've fitted Assault and Tactics on.  Transformative.

3 Slotted on the latter.  Think I need that kismet.  But with alting Aim/BU/Power Boost (WHY DID THE DEVS TAKE OUT KNOCKBACK?) I'm pretty much penultimate perma-insta snipe. 

It's very compelling...flying...sniping...melee....sniping...Freak Tanks.  remember me?  From all those years back when you (red con) knocked me clean down the street in Brickstown?  Yes.  Me.  *SNIPE...fly.  **SNIPE!  BONESMASHER.  SNIPE.  MORE SNIPE.  Reverses back over the Freak tank.  SNIPE.  MORE SNIPING.  ('I think he's 'dead/arrested', Jim...')

Cathartic.

And those Snipers in Founders that blew me out the sky 14 years ago.  They're next.  Boy....they're in for a helluva beating.

Azrael.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1659 on: May 28, 2019, 10:07:02 PM »
Yes the upgrade to snipe is fantastic.

Still gathering some io for my blaster to permanent boost snipe
In fearful COH-less days