Author Topic: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release  (Read 270880 times)

Nightraptor

• Underling
Re: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release
« Reply #1240 on: April 24, 2019, 02:49:26 AM »
Also, worth noting that the admin/dev team for the SCORE server has a separate announcement slotted to come in about a half an hour or so.

This is NOT the same announcement as that.

Was that for public consumption? And if so what was it (if indeed it has been announced)

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1241 on: April 24, 2019, 02:53:10 AM »
Was that for public consumption? And if so what was it (if indeed it has been announced)

Discord has teased that announcement for most of the day. 10 PM CST. (Even though we're in DST)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #1242 on: April 24, 2019, 02:56:10 AM »
Discord has teased that announcement for most of the day. 10 PM CST. (Even though we're in DST)

And the announcement is delayed for 30-45 minutes.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Irish Girl

• Underling
« Reply #1243 on: April 24, 2019, 03:34:10 AM »
Hey folks, Cailyn Alaynn here. Don't currently have access to my actual Titan account but wanted to poke in and throw my 2 cents in.

The folks involved in the various Hail Mary efforts, especially those of Revival, City of Titans, Ship of Heroes, etc have nothing to do with the secret server.
None of the money from, say, the CoT kickstarter ever went to a secret CoH server.

These last few days have been extremely exciting, extremely saddening, and everything in between. I'd ask, as a member of this community, that everyone remember to take deep breathes and try to stay patient.

I know everyone's excited, everyones impatient. I'm right there with you all.

I know it's been far too long since I was here, and commenting, and I'm sorry for that. As many of you might imagine...sometimes life gets in the way of passion.
And if the PMs I've been getting in the last few days are anything to go based off of... folks likely have questions for me as well.
As a note, I'm not directly connected to the private server team that was running the shard this weekend. I've gotten a few questions about that too.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #1244 on: April 24, 2019, 03:37:53 AM »
When/if a private server comes up, I will be playing on it.  If/when a community server blessed by NCSoft comes up, I will be playing on that.  In any case, I will be playing CoH.  Recriminations for how we got here accomplish nothing.  In actuality, I'm not sure what could be done to satisfy the feeling of moral outrage that some feel about this.  That being the case, I'll be playing CoH...somewhere.  Of that, I feel fairly confident.  My only fear is that the folks carrying around these strong feelings might do things like send a fake C&D to the server owner of the last round.  That kind of thing is what will keep this community struggling.
What was no more, is now reborn!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1245 on: April 24, 2019, 04:12:49 AM »
<modhat>
I'm saying this once.  And this is a blanket warning for everyone.

There have been entirely unfounded rumors floating around for the last week that people were taking money under the guise of other efforts like the successor projects and funneling some of that money to the secret private server so they could play over there.

If you can't source irrefutable, first-hand evidence to back up your claim, then stuff it.

I won't be giving any further warnings on this subject.  And when I ban you for it, I'm not going to give you the courtesy of explaining it because you know better.

We're done with those rumors.
</modhat>
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1246 on: April 24, 2019, 04:17:59 AM »
The COH Discord announcement came ...and went.  Nothing new for tonight it seems.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #1247 on: April 24, 2019, 04:18:46 AM »
From the Discord

Good afternoon, evening, or morning, everyone.

I'd first like to introduce myself - I'm going to be coming onboard as a community relations, in order to give an easier, more transparent communication line with you.

At this time, we have a third party in direct contact with NCsoft. These are real, actual conversations, with the goal of giving us an opportunity for a legal solution. We are working towards that now. We all want to see the future of City of Heroes as a bright one, so we are going to give this one last pass. It's an effort that might be futile, but it isn't one we take lightly.

But as the saying goes: Trust, but Verify - with this effort we are NOT stopping our efforts to provide a private server solution. We are making efforts right now and are getting closer to giving you a more specific timeframe for the release of a server. While negotiations are ongoing, we are absolutely committed to ensuring this game is brought to you in a clear, and open way. We are making efforts to ensure that, if the worst comes to pass, we will not lose our momentum. Please stay tuned for update announcements in regards to either the legal solution, or our open-sourcing.

The code will continue to be provided openly, and will be released via torrents and other solutions in order to ensure that this progress will never be brought back to square one again.

Thank you for your patience.

After this last Sunday, I am willing to give them all the time they need :) They earned that atleast from me :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1248 on: April 24, 2019, 04:19:26 AM »
After this last Sunday, I am willing to give them all the time they need :) They earned that atleast from me :)

Yeah. Time to just sit back and wait and hope....
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1249 on: April 24, 2019, 04:20:18 AM »
Yeah. Time to just sit back and wait and hope....

No.  It's time to begin thinking about the future.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1250 on: April 24, 2019, 04:22:06 AM »
If we are getting community run servers - I will donate to those servers.

I will pledge $500 right now and happy to make a monthly sum if a patreon is setup.

I'll donate to, but I want to see if the deal, if it happens, contains any fine print about NCSoft reserving the right to pull the rug out from under us again.

I just don't trust NCSoft,
In fearful COH-less days

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1251 on: April 24, 2019, 04:22:59 AM »
No.  It's time to begin thinking about the future.

Believe me, I am.  I have been thinking for days about if I can set up my own server, and how I would run it, etc.
In fearful COH-less days

Vella

• Minion
« Reply #1252 on: April 24, 2019, 04:25:47 AM »
Tempest Flash is doing a Q&A on the discord channel and one of the code moderators chimed in and said the server is being worked on.  Nothing more than that regarding the server.

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #1253 on: April 24, 2019, 04:58:08 AM »
If we are getting community run servers - I will donate to those servers.

I will pledge $500 right now and happy to make a monthly sum if a patreon is setup.

I'll gladly pledge that amount too.

BUT, for people not to loose confidence in the latest news between Titan N and NCS things must happen fast because we have all played this wating game before.
This can not drag out especially now when people saw how quickly a working setup can be acheived in one weekend.
I fully support the cooperation with NCsoft and Titan N to have a legal solution to this.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #1254 on: April 24, 2019, 05:00:44 AM »
I support you, Titan Network. Keep doing what you're doing, I'll see you in Paragon City one day.

Until then, forum drama and popcorn.  \0/

Surelle

« Reply #1255 on: April 24, 2019, 05:18:42 AM »
Just got an email from the "wake me up thread".

Literally an email I never thought I would get.

Oh, what did it say? 

I just checked my account settings, and apparently I had "allow other members to  email me" NOT checked!  Ahhhh!

I can't even tell what email I registered under originally, and it was many years ago now.  Ugh.  I've been waiting 7 years for that email, and now this.   :P

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1256 on: April 24, 2019, 05:32:15 AM »
.....Wow. Just, wow.  :o

I got kinda bummed for a while, and haven't checked in here for like a year or so; then today I decide to stop by and see what's new, and I find out that Stuff's Been Happening! I've been glued to this dang thread all evening! *blink, blink*

Nightraptor

• Underling
« Reply #1257 on: April 24, 2019, 06:08:11 AM »
As far as I am concerned, any alleged misconduct or mismanagement by the parties involved with getting CoX back, towards the community has been forgiven and forgotten. I simply do not care. Leave that sort of drama to the self important nobodies that love of that kind of controversy.
The ONLY thing that is important now is how close we are to getting back home.

Speaking of mismanagement though I  am hoping that the particular group of managers that forced the 2012 closure have moved on out of NCSOFT and their replacements are a little bit more flexible.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1258 on: April 24, 2019, 11:36:06 AM »
You know, I think this is my last post here.

We have now got people who have secretly had a server for 6 years keep control of said server and only share it with those they deem worthy.
The same people have lied and misdirected on Reddit and have overthrown the people at Discord. They brook no dissent and everything they do is to maintain power for themselves.

I hear "Community Run Server" bandied about - whose Community? SCoRE and their lackeys? I am happy if the game comes back but other than to donate to keep servers up I am not supporting the lies and cloak and dagger these people seem to revel in.

Please feel free to delete my account here - I am gone.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1259 on: April 24, 2019, 12:07:23 PM »
You know, I think this is my last post here.

We have now got people who have secretly had a server for 6 years keep control of said server and only share it with those they deem worthy.
The same people have lied and misdirected on Reddit and have overthrown the people at Discord. They brook no dissent and everything they do is to maintain power for themselves.

I hear "Community Run Server" bandied about - whose Community? SCoRE and their lackeys? I am happy if the game comes back but other than to donate to keep servers up I am not supporting the lies and cloak and dagger these people seem to revel in.

Please feel free to delete my account here - I am gone.

Please don't go Ironwolf
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 01:59:43 PM by Sinistar »
In fearful COH-less days