Author Topic: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release  (Read 270860 times)

Azrael

• Elite Boss
Re: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release
« Reply #960 on: April 21, 2019, 05:11:15 PM »
Catching up on all of this, wow! This is the next best thing to NCsoft reversing their position on the IP, and they may have no choice but to give us the game back now. The cat's out of the bag.

Downloading is like watching water boil...

Try chatting in Discord to pass the time.

That helped me.

Azrael.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #961 on: April 21, 2019, 05:13:35 PM »
Slow to level?  I've done two door missions and I'm already almost level 4.

The game may changed but the number one chat topic beyond "does it work" is "how fast can I reach 50"?

It was semi-tongue in cheek... ;) 

Though, maybe I did get 'fat' on a L50 SS/Shield/Fire epic brute.  It was fast and devastating and defence capped.  That took absolutely ages to Level with 2 attack powers for 20 levels...

I've teamed quite a bit.  Two blasters.  One elec/elec and one en/en.

Great fun.  It still holds up as I remember.  That's how far ahead of it's time it was.

The sooner I get Dual-Origins the better.

Azrael.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #962 on: April 21, 2019, 05:23:00 PM »
Catching up on all of this, wow! This is the next best thing to NCsoft reversing their position on the IP, and they may have no choice but to give us the game back now. The cat's out of the bag.

Downloading is like watching water boil...

Folks have been using Paragon Chat as a lobby and waiting room in-between shutdowns.  Come visit in Atlas Park to kill time, too! :)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #963 on: April 21, 2019, 06:03:42 PM »
Folks have been using Paragon Chat as a lobby and waiting room in-between shutdowns.  Come visit in Atlas Park to kill time, too! :)

I need some to for real life!

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #964 on: April 21, 2019, 06:33:41 PM »
So, 5th Horseman.  I remember your original handle talking about finding your way home 'one day.'
HAVE you found your way 'home?'
IT'S NOT SPARTA!
... but I like it here.  ;)
PS.  1250!  Stress test.
1700. They're upgrading again. 2000

Also, potential fly in the ointment:

I guess we'll find out eventually. :-\
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 07:01:22 PM by The Fifth Horseman »
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Odimodus

• Minion
« Reply #965 on: April 21, 2019, 07:10:30 PM »
I don't want to lose the game again. Hell, I'm not even back in it again yet.

What can we do to prevent it from being lost to us all over again?

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #966 on: April 21, 2019, 07:14:08 PM »
I don't want to lose the game again. Hell, I'm not even back in it again yet.

What can we do to prevent it from being lost to us all over again?

First rule of fight club.......

Seriously, the only thing that would make this news better is IF Ncsoft were to announce they were going out of business
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #967 on: April 21, 2019, 07:28:17 PM »
Leveling seems pretty fast.  I got from 1-16 in a single sitting yesterday, even made to it to and started the Positron TF.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #968 on: April 21, 2019, 07:41:27 PM »
Sadly I was plagued with mapsrerver-itis yesterday.  But I was able today to get a PB and WS to L6.  Nice to see that that can access the flight pool at L4 which means little for  a PB but WS can now fly in human form. Also their powers can be recolored. Golden Nova for pb

Delightful
In fearful COH-less days

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #969 on: April 21, 2019, 08:10:03 PM »
2500 concurrent players. ****'s on fire, yo.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #970 on: April 21, 2019, 08:12:34 PM »
I have another question. Does the Day Job system still work?

Arkasas

• Lieutenant
  • Ord of the West
« Reply #971 on: April 21, 2019, 08:16:57 PM »
I have another question. Does the Day Job system still work?

More or less everything that was in game at shutdown theoretically functions, though AE in particular has been going in and out.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #972 on: April 21, 2019, 08:36:00 PM »
As a update, there's been a few posts in our Technical Support with people unable to login or reach the Public Game Server (SCORE).  We added this as a reminder that Titan Network is not responsible for that server, as well as a container on the front page for Titan Network itself.  This isn't any way related to the efforts themselves past ownership.  The SCORE server is ran by the community, and we have no access or rights concerning user support.

As always, we will help with BASIC problems with Tequila or Island Rum, as the support forums are here, but Titan Network staff are limited only to those programs.  If you can't use Tequila to access SCORE, or if hear questions from others, or if you run into someone with a need for tech support concerning SCORE, please ask on the unofficial COH Discord directly.

Thanks. :)

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #973 on: April 21, 2019, 08:50:22 PM »
More or less everything that was in game at shutdown theoretically functions, though AE in particular has been going in and out.

Yes AE has been cranky, but I have logged in and received prompts about being at a day job spot.
Things are stabilizing and getting better.

Now...about the old player database...
In fearful COH-less days

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #974 on: April 21, 2019, 09:10:31 PM »
I just hope the fear of the EU law doesn't cause them to delete the character database outright. They clearly vetted people to give them their individual data when it was secret; surely they can do the same now? Give people character files that are uploadable on other servers?

What I hope someone is working on is a way to save and reload character data for the future. That way we can move between servers without starting over **EVERY** time.

In theory, the Sentinel+ program should work for that.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #975 on: April 21, 2019, 09:19:45 PM »
I just hope the fear of the EU law doesn't cause them to delete the character database outright. They clearly vetted people to give them their individual data when it was secret; surely they can do the same now? Give people character files that are uploadable on other servers?

In theory, the Sentinel+ program should work for that.

I figure that if someone can provide their global chat handle f om the game and the login username they used to have that should be enough verification needed to confirm the player and restore their alts.  No personal info or passwords required.
In fearful COH-less days

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #976 on: April 21, 2019, 09:41:52 PM »
By the way,. The Paragon wiki section for issue 24 is not complete, is there a list anywhere of all the changes that were implemented for issue 24?

So far I know of the kheldian changes, power customization for pool powers, the sorcey pool, the ability to select a contact number of TELEPORT TO, (quarter field and other TF and trials should be more efficient with that)

Psionic melee 
Rad melee
Rad armor
Bio armor

Are things I've seen so far.
In fearful COH-less days

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #977 on: April 21, 2019, 09:45:14 PM »
That's kind of where we'd hope folks would help.

Keep in mind, SCORE is running Leo's modded Issue 24 (yes, I'll say it: it's Issue 25 - Unbroken Spirit), so we're probably going to ask folks to hold off on editing the ParagonWiki based on what they see in SCORE at the moment until an Issue 24 server is running and available.  This is in the works, but will take a few months.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #978 on: April 21, 2019, 09:48:08 PM »
I think the idea is its not worth even risking it for the old character data.  As much as I would love to have my old blaster back, if it even puts the server in the slightest bit of jeopardy I don't want to risk it.  That seems to be the consensus amongst the "server" handlers as well.

Honestly, after playing these last couple days and making new characters I don't even know if I will re-roll my main right away after this initial testing phase is over.  I didn't even know I enjoyed playing a Dominator until last night.  Now it may very well be my new main!  Only took a 7-year break to realize I freaking love Dominators but the chance to relevel and just relive the whole experience again from a truly fresh start is pretty exciting

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #979 on: April 21, 2019, 09:57:46 PM »
I think the idea is its not worth even risking it for the old character data.  As much as I would love to have my old blaster back, if it even puts the server in the slightest bit of jeopardy I don't want to risk it.  That seems to be the consensus amongst the "server" handlers as well.

Honestly, after playing these last couple days and making new characters I don't even know if I will re-roll my main right away after this initial testing phase is over.  I didn't even know I enjoyed playing a Dominator until last night.  Now it may very well be my new main!  Only took a 7-year break to realize I freaking love Dominators but the chance to relevel and just relive the whole experience again from a truly fresh start is pretty exciting

Fresh start is nice and I want that too.....for new alts and power sets that were created for ish24

Ah well, for my own future server I have all my sentinel files and notes for my alts....one way or another they WILL be back
In fearful COH-less days