Author Topic: I have a question about COH in game character titles  (Read 3494 times)

Stealth Dart

• Boss
  • Martial Artists kick butt with style
I have a question about COH in game character titles
« on: April 28, 2019, 10:00:30 AM »
So I have been playing on one of the private servers.  When one of my characters reached level 15 I was allowed to add a title above my player name.  For some weird reason the font for the title is all in black which makes it difficult to read.  Can someone please tell me how to change the color of the title.  I looked though the Options tab under graphics and could not find anything in regards to titles.  I would much appreciate the help and thank you.
I am a dancer, a leaf in the wind...a leaf that can kick your Butt!

summers

• Underling
Re: I have a question about COH in game character titles
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 12:29:15 PM »
Try visiting a trainer, and select:
Train up to a new level
Choose your new title
And you should have the selection of title options including the colour choices.

I hope this helps!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 02:01:02 PM »
Out have been out of the loop here for a while. What's this about private servers?
Is it possible to play the game again in some fashion?

I cant seem to find anything here about it - not sure what forum to search

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 02:42:52 PM »
Recent Unread Topics is your friend:

https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?action=unread

Helps find where recent activity is going on

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 01:52:44 PM »
Recent Unread Topics is your friend:

https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?action=unread

Helps find where recent activity is going on

That's cool but doesn't help me narrow down about private servers running.

Stealth Dart

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 02:53:54 PM »
Positive Gamer has a tutorial on YouTube on the steps to log on to the private servers.  There are now 4.

Thanks to those who gave me the advice on the titles, that did the trick and explains why I could not find the parameters in the options tab.   :D

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 07:00:45 PM »
Positive Gamer has a tutorial on YouTube on the steps to log on to the private servers.  There are now 4.

Thanks to those who gave me the advice on the titles, that did the trick and explains why I could not find the parameters in the options tab.   :D

Thank you.

I found some news on how there have been private servers for years now and many people were very upset they didn't make it public.

When I get a chance I will try it.

Just for my edification - is it the full system like we had live or are there limited things you can do?

Either way its awesome.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 07:04:49 PM »
It's the full system (and then some). There seem to be bugs here and there, but nearly everything is there, and some new things are added (like a new AT called Sentinel).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 04:41:20 PM by MyriVerse »
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 10:37:15 PM »
It's the full system (and then some). There seem to be bugs here and there, but early everything is there, and some new things are added (like a new AT called Sentinel).

Wow - even adding stuff. Very cool. And the live game had bugs up the wazoo anyway so basically nothing has changed.

I still remember they forgot the door to the main building in one of the zones after an update so no one could get in. It was villain side but cant remember exactly which one.

Stealth Dart

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 04:11:02 AM »
So you can play as Blue Side (Hero) as Red Side (Villain) Or Praetoria (Resistance/Loyalist).  I have done Sewer Runs, Radio Missions, Tips Missions, AE Missions, Taskforces and Street-sweeping.  Even got the badge for defeating Lusca with a bunch of help.  So everything seems to be working as far as I can tell.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 02:11:00 PM »
So you can play as Blue Side (Hero) as Red Side (Villain) Or Praetoria (Resistance/Loyalist).  I have done Sewer Runs, Radio Missions, Tips Missions, AE Missions, Taskforces and Street-sweeping.  Even got the badge for defeating Lusca with a bunch of help.  So everything seems to be working as far as I can tell.

Dang. Well there goes all my free time again LOL.

I haven't had the time to try yet but are these private thingies like invite only or can you just join up?

Korbian

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 02:34:42 PM »
You can just sign up.  "Private" is used very loosely lately.  While it's not cool to post links here to any websites that may be engaged in less than legal behavior, if you google City of Heroes I imagine it won't take long to find out what you need to know.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 03:25:32 PM »
You can go to the Discord Server concerning Homecoming for further help, with the understanding that Titan Network does not have any responsibility for SCORE, Homecoming, or any of it's servers. 

If you're having issues with Paragon Chat or Tequila working, no problem... we can help there.  When it comes to downloading and launching SCORE, we're out of the picture.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 10:34:43 PM »
You can just sign up.  "Private" is used very loosely lately.  While it's not cool to post links here to any websites that may be engaged in less than legal behavior, if you google City of Heroes I imagine it won't take long to find out what you need to know.

It makes sense. Quite a few closed MMO's have had private servers running. As long as no one is profiting from them I cant see it being much harm to the company.