Author Topic: Elseworlds Crossover  (Read 7494 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Elseworlds Crossover
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 09:08:02 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Ah, yeah i just thought it was resurrected Supes sans mullet.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2018, 02:33:51 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Flash from Earth 90: "Hey guys, is this the Arrowverse?! It is the Arrowverse! Lois Lane is the ke- I mean this scene is better than Batman v. Superman!"

Spoiler for Hidden:
That Barry/Flash is from Earth-90, wearing John Wesley Shipp's original costume design, and Shipp's Flash series premiered in 1990. Duh. :smacks forehead: It sure took me long enough to make the connection.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 08:18:31 AM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2018, 05:38:18 AM »
HA!  I didn't make that connection until you pointed it out.  :D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2018, 03:43:26 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
That Barry/Flash is from Earth-90, wearing John Wesley Shipp's original costume design, and Shipp's Flash series premiered in 1990. Duh. :smacks forehead: It sure took me long enough to make the connection.

I pegged it right away - made as much sense as anything else.

Though I thought they said there was only 53 Earths - 52 that count with the 53rd being the Nazi one that no one counts.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2018, 05:06:20 PM »
Though I thought they said there was only 53 Earths - 52 that count with the 53rd being the Nazi one that no one counts.

Could be 52 with gaps in the numbering, or only 53 known universes, or they're retconning it to an infinite number until after crisis, or they figured no one would remember, or they didn't remember, or they don't care. Really since they've been planning crisis since at least the first season of Flash they should've had all this straight, but I think jokey lines (the 53rd) and easter eggs (earth 90) will trump continuity with them every time.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2018, 12:06:29 AM »
This is why no one talks about Gotham.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2018, 01:07:44 AM »
This'll probably come as no surprise to anyone familiar with The Flash.

Barry talked about traveling around the world "at just over Mach 7". According to Wikipedia, at 20 degrees Celsius, the speed of sound is 767 MPH. At seven times that (5,369 MPH), they'd take about half an hour to cross the continental United States from east to west (or vice versa). They would emphatically NOT be circling the globe several times per second, as they were toward the end.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2018, 05:01:22 AM »

Barry talked about traveling around the world "at just over Mach 7". According to Wikipedia, at 20 degrees Celsius, the speed of sound is 767 MPH. At seven times that (5,369 MPH), they'd take about half an hour to cross the continental United States from east to west (or vice versa). They would emphatically NOT be circling the globe several times per second, as they were toward the end.

I dunno. Maybe on Earth 1 the Mach scale is like the Richter scale.

I loved a few of the easter eggs.  The two that really worked for me were
Spoiler for Hidden:
The Smallville theme and set when they went to the Kent farm.  And 90 Flash recognizing John as John Stewart.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2018, 07:21:38 AM »

Even if we fudge it and assume he meant mach 70 that's still just over twice around per hour.  If we assume he meant 7% C I think that works out to once every 3-4 seconds.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2018, 07:42:02 AM »
I do have to admit, though, that any excuse that they want to use to bring Barry, Kara, and Oliver together is fine with me. Those three are a lot of fun when they get together, which is all too infrequent.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2018, 12:45:05 PM »
It is fun, but I'm not sure I could take more than once per season. It already kinda sucks to take a week break from the normal season plots.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2018, 01:54:16 AM »
Specifically, what I mean is like the conversations on the front porch and on the rooftops. They come across as being very comfortable with each other, and I enjoy their interactions when they're together (and that's often when Kara is at her most charming, in my opinion). And Kara and Barry definitely bring out a more-fun side of Oliver.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 04:22:38 AM by Super Firebug »

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2018, 03:39:51 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Watching YT reaction videos for the first part of the crossover, people kept asking, "Where did Barry get the motorcycle that he rode through the breach?" They universally overlook the similarly-obvious question, "Where did Barry get two remote-controlled crossbows?"!

Also, as a side note, when Superman - or Supergirl - piledrives someone/something into the ground, I call that a "Kryptonian burial", after Battletech's similar "Highlander burial".
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 04:19:58 AM by Super Firebug »

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2018, 06:03:20 AM »
Even if we fudge it and assume he meant mach 70 that's still just over twice around per hour.  If we assume he meant 7% C I think that works out to once every 3-4 seconds.

He can run that fast yet still get shot or punched.

And he had the nerve to tell Oliver if he knew how to use his speed he could never be touched.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2018, 06:29:53 AM »
He can run that fast yet still get shot or punched.

And he had the nerve to tell Oliver if he knew how to use his speed he could never be touched.

The devs still haven't balanced dodge properly...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2018, 08:18:49 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Similarly, it turns out that Superman first appeared in Action Comics #1, published in... you guessed it, 1938.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2018, 08:12:40 PM »
Similarly, it turns out that Superman first appeared in Action Comics #1, published in... you guessed it, 1938.

But its Supergirl - should be Earth-58 really since her first appearance was in 1958.