Author Topic: The Gifted Season 2  (Read 9402 times)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
The Gifted Season 2
« on: September 26, 2018, 02:32:39 AM »
The first episode of the second season was fast paced. So there's going to be conflict between Andy's new group he joined and his family. Polaris have a baby girl and looks like the father of the Strucker's have new mutant powers.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: The Gifted Season 2
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 04:22:46 AM »
It didn't get cancelled, huh?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 02:06:28 AM »
It didn't get cancelled, huh?

nah, inhumans got cancelled and there can only be one super hero show cancelled per 15 introduced.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 11:33:50 AM »
I know it's Fox, but The Gifted had better ratings than Supergirl last season. So yeah, it wasn't cancelled.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 01:15:35 AM »
I know it's Fox...

That's where I stopped reading. :)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 02:34:36 AM »
It wasn't bad, and this season is starting out interesting.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 05:48:19 AM »
It wasn't bad, and this season is starting out interesting.

I couldn't keep watching it because I wanted to shoot all the characters in the face with a hammer gun.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 06:08:43 AM »
That's how i feel about everyone on the cw shows and shield. this one i only want to shoot the family (despite my liking amy acker and vampire bill before this).

this show kind of feels like a middle ground to me. it's not good, but it's not as facepalmingly stupid as the CWs or Gotham, not as dull as the recent netflix shows, and I don't hate most of the characters as much as the CW/Shield.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 09:03:55 AM »
See, I don't hate (most of) the characters on the CW shows, I just hate many of their decisions and actions.  But it all must be wearing thin even for me - I didn't finish watching Supergirl, Arrow, Black Lightning, or Agents of SHIELD this past season.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 02:48:08 PM »
Well, yeah, I've given up on Arrow a long time ago. But the past season of Flash, Supergirl, and SHIELD were an improvement, imo. I think Black Lightning is great.

The Netflix shows are either hit (Jessica Jones, Cage, Runaways) or miss (the rest).

Anyway, as for ep1 of this, I don't think enough really happened, but it was enjoyable.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 04:19:15 PM »
Runaways is Hulu. And if you told me a couple years ago it'd be the only ongoing one I'd like I'd have thought you were nuts. Still holding out hope that Daredevil doesn't fall off the cliff like the others did.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 02:52:59 AM by Vee »

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2018, 02:31:39 AM »
I couldn't keep watching it because I wanted to shoot all the characters in the face with a hammer gun.

How many episodes did you give it because I can see especially at the start it being that way.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 04:55:59 AM »
How many episodes did you give it because I can see especially at the start it being that way.

I want to say four?  It was focused on the Strucker family, and I couldn't even like Amy Acker's character.  And it looked like it was going to continue to focus on them.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 11:18:30 AM »
Runaways is Hulu.
Doh. That's right. Anyway, I'd include Cloak & Dagger in the hits, for me.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 08:49:01 PM »

:o

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 05:24:21 AM »
Spent all week looking forward to Erg's haircut only to find they decided to make him into the Age of Apocalypse Bishop.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 01:48:47 PM »
Yeah. All of the Morlocks were a bit of a letdown. Erg for not being Erg-y... and the others for just being wallpaper.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2018, 03:11:45 AM »
The branding was about the most boring version of Masque's disfiguring all the Morlocks imaginable. Really kind of the overarching problem with this show, they seem to always make the least interesting possible choices.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2018, 07:34:24 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Ok guys, we've got to get through this section of thin wall which has 2 layers of drywall and very likely as many as two studs and all we have are a guy with superstrength, a guy who can shoot lasers out of his hands, a guy who can turn things to crystal which shatters easily, and guy who can disintegrate stuff but can't turn his power on and off. Here's the plan: laser guy you occasionally shoot covering shots while crystal guy runs out to play human shield. Meanwhile superstrength will coach disintegration guy who'll hopefully be able to turn his power on before any of the main characters are killed. Alright, on 3. 1, 2, 3, stupid!

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 06:55:54 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Ok guys, we've got to get through this section of thin wall which has 2 layers of drywall and very likely as many as two studs and all we have are a guy with superstrength, a guy who can shoot lasers out of his hands, a guy who can turn things to crystal which shatters easily, and guy who can disintegrate stuff but can't turn his power on and off. Here's the plan: laser guy you occasionally shoot covering shots while crystal guy runs out to play human shield. Meanwhile superstrength will coach disintegration guy who'll hopefully be able to turn his power on before any of the main characters are killed. Alright, on 3. 1, 2, 3, stupid!

Lol! I was pissed off when that happened.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2018, 10:56:39 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:
Not quite.  Crystal guy could probably have done his thing on the wall but  laser hands is about useless for anything except setting fires and blinding people. I'm pretty sure my hand held blue laser can do more damage than he can. Thunderbird got enough of the gas that he was barely able to stand.  Plus we have seen before how long it takes him to punch through concrete which is what that wall was.  As they pass through it you can see it is solid all the way around the hole and about 8 inches thick. 

Have you been taking attention paying lessons from Durakken or something?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2018, 12:52:48 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I'd ask you the same. Well I could if i had any idea who Durakken was. I could clearly see drywall and i'm watching this two and a half times faster than normal. A quick check of the Marvel wiki tells us that specifically that Eclipse can cut through concrete and did in S1. But even if i granted you those two and T-bird's weakness there's still the matter of the guy with the name which describes his power which happens to be exactly what they need. Not to mention that they clearly wrote the entire situation around the trite Vampire Bill gets his powers to work through a combination of grunting and family montage just in whatever counts as the nick of time for everyone but the guest red shirt mutant of the week.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2018, 12:39:11 PM »
Durakken was somebody in the old CoH forums who was somewhat infamous for paying zero attention to the shows he was watching and then calling out logical inconsistencies that weren't.  For example a group of us would live message while watching Stargate Universe.  One episode the group was running for a stargate when one of the ships that was strafing them blew a big piece out of the ring. The scientist said that with a piece missing the gate couldn't dial out.  Durakken immediately popped up with the comment "This show is so stupid. If a piece was missing from the gate how did they dial in in the first place. And why did nobody notice it."   And he would do that sort of thing all the time.

And I still say that is concrete, not drywall. But yes, shatter could have handled that in seconds.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2018, 04:26:54 PM »
I'm really more annoyed that they just won't let the show evolve. Sure they pitched it with the premise of the family in the middle of these events but at this point they have to let every episode grind to a halt for the same dull family scenes and write things like the wall scenario just to give them something to do.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 02:17:12 AM »
I'm really more annoyed that they just won't let the show evolve. Sure they pitched it with the premise of the family in the middle of these events but at this point they have to let every episode grind to a halt for the same dull family scenes and write things like the wall scenario just to give them something to do.

I completely agree with that. The focus and group dynamics in Runaways changed more each episode than this series has over the entire run so far.  And I swear, if I have to watch Thunderbird touch the floor intently one more time...

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 04:24:26 AM »
What frustrates me the most is Reva could've used her powers to stop Rebecca from killing the hostages. Smh  >:(

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019, 08:18:24 AM »
Just got caught up on the last 2 eps. I think they're just putting in the ground feels at this point to troll Mandu. Funny thing is it's not even clear if that's part of T-bird's mutant power or just old timey tv/movie racism super-powers.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I like how they made Blink port the Morlocks into some alley in broad daylight rather than pretty much anywhere else just so they could have the Struckers on the run for a couple eps. It's really getting ridiculous the lengths the show goes to give them more screen time.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2019, 02:08:28 PM »
Cancelled. Hardly a surprise but it's a shame they were so married to the initial premise that the interesting parts took a backseat.

weenus

• Minion
  • the life of the search party.
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2019, 08:01:07 PM »
I'm sad to see it go, it had it's low points for sure but I genuinely enjoyed seeing John Proudstar and Polaris week to week.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2019, 05:20:40 AM »
Aww....

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2019, 10:54:08 AM »
Gee, yet another Marvel property cancelled.  It's almost as if they have their own streaming service coming out and also bought a majority stake in another already operating streaming service.  I fully expect it to be announced that this is the last season for Cloak and Dagger.  Then in a couple years all of these series plus the Netflix ones will be on Hulu or the Disney service.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2019, 11:33:45 AM »
Could be, though c&d is already on a Disney owned channel. I suppose it depends how the numbers work out for them.

Btw I wonder if Vegas is taking bets on what the Disney service costs after the bait and switch the $7.99 leads me to see coming.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2019, 03:15:21 PM »
Yeah, it was fairly clear the cancellation was coming. Sad, because Polaris was perfect and awesome. I'd prefer to see her in the next movie than anyone currently attached to the X-movies.