Author Topic: Ant-Man and the Wasp  (Read 1738 times)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
Ant-Man and the Wasp
« on: July 09, 2018, 07:29:02 PM »
Since Arcana mention something from the movie that's connected to Infinity War I decided to create a thread about the movie. Don't worry, I didn't read Arcana's spoiler tag, I didn't see the movie yet. So let's talk about it here.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 01:06:43 AM »
In regards to the post-credits scene:

Spoiler for Hidden:
I think the purpose of this scene was simply to explain why you don't see Ant-Man in Infinity War.

On the non-spoiler front, I enjoyed watching two heroes that know what their powers are and just how to use them to maximum effect.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 04:59:27 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I think the purpose of this scene was simply to explain why you don't see Ant-Man in Infinity War.
Spoiler for Hidden:
And to give you a brief glimpse of Thanos's face in the quantum realm, apparently.  But I wouldn't completely dismiss the mention of "time vortex."
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 03:27:11 PM »
I actually prefer stories like this to the "blockbuster epics." This was such a fun family-oriented story, with lots of really awesome daughters representing! And amazing dads.

We had:
- Wasp, a very kickass daughter of Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne. This was pretty much her movie, and Ant-Man was just guesting. And Hank was a smartass, but a very heroic, good-natured one. I'm so glad they dropped his sketchier comic book developments. My favourite Pym from the books was West Coast Avengers-era, when he truly redeemed himself.
- Ghost, another very kickass sorta "daughter" of Bill Foster. She was a really great antagonist. And Bill Foster was a great guy.
- Cassie, Ant-Man's daughter. She was an awesome little scene-stealer too. And who could dislike the great lovable doofus? Paul Rudd is so perfect in this role.

The relationships these ladies had with their fathers were awesome features.

The action scenes were great.

Spoiler for Hidden:
If I had to complain about something it was Janet saving Ghost, which just seemed kinda plot devicey.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 05:02:21 PM »
I actually prefer stories like this to the "blockbuster epics." This was such a fun family-oriented story, with lots of really awesome daughters representing! And amazing dads.

We had:
- Wasp, a very kickass daughter of Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne. This was pretty much her movie, and Ant-Man was just guesting. And Hank was a smartass, but a very heroic, good-natured one. I'm so glad they dropped his sketchier comic book developments. My favourite Pym from the books was West Coast Avengers-era, when he truly redeemed himself.
- Ghost, another very kickass sorta "daughter" of Bill Foster. She was a really great antagonist. And Bill Foster was a great guy.
- Cassie, Ant-Man's daughter. She was an awesome little scene-stealer too. And who could dislike the great lovable doofus? Paul Rudd is so perfect in this role.

The relationships these ladies had with their fathers were awesome features.

The action scenes were great.

Spoiler for Hidden:
If I had to complain about something it was Janet saving Ghost, which just seemed kinda plot devicey.

What I like is this shows Marvel can make all kinds of movies - and they all work - thrillers like Winter Soldier, epics like Infinity War, comedies like Ragnarok, family and character films like this one.