Author Topic: OpenGL Message?  (Read 3039 times)

V-Cho

• Underling
OpenGL Message?
« on: July 03, 2018, 10:02:20 PM »
"An OpenGL Driver driver for your video card 'Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset(Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)' was not found.

The game will not run with your current configuration.

Please update your video card drivers in order to add OpenGL support. Go to www.nvidia.comwww.ati.com, or www.intel.com to update your video card driver. In some cases, such as laptops, you may need to get the video card drivers from your computer manufacturer"

I was able to run Paragon Chat before, but after got Windows 10 for free about 2 years ago, I haven't been able to run it since and got this message every single time. I reverted back to Windows 7 and I still get this message

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: OpenGL Message?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 01:54:09 AM »
It looks like Intel is deciding to end support for a majority of chipsets that predated Windows 10 upon release (Pentium D, Core Duo, Core 2 Duo, and some Core i3 products that makes no sense as others in the same release year are absolutely supported, but it's Intel.)  This is not only graphics, but CPU updates as well in the wake of Meltdown/Spectre... they determined issuing fixes for these older systems would bankrupt them vs. telling customers it's time to let them go.  Early Core 2 Duo graphic chipsets, which include yours, and the early Intel HD Graphics when they began embedded graphics on their chipsets before moving it to the processor seems to be out of service.  The only drivers left for the Q43/Q45 graphics chipsets on the Intel Website are Windows XP drivers

What's frustrating with Intel is that all of their Graphics Drivers are named similarly across products, so it's difficult to find drivers in the first place.  What sounds like it'll work on Core 2 Duo processors that you try to install will fail if the microcode on your processor doesn't line up 100% with the compatibility list in the installer.  You're left at the mercy of the website to find the driver.  But in your case, Windows 7 drivers are only through Microsoft's Windows Update (Microsoft issued a WDDM Driver, Intel did nothing for your chipset after 2012.)

This makes sense as rolling back to Windows 7 doesn't make a difference in the driver availability.  (This isn't the first time that hardware features evaporate under Intel via drivers that end up 'disappearing' with updates.  Check out Wi-Di if you want another example.)

My guess is that you have two options if you have a desktop.  1) Get a new graphics card that supports at least OpenGL 2.1 (what City of Heroes uses) or better if it's a desktop system with a PCI-Express slot available.  2) If it's a laptop or you can't find a graphics card (small form factor system, etc.), I think you're out of luck.

I'm so sorry. :(
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:01:22 AM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: OpenGL Message?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 02:00:00 AM »
If you do have a PCI-Express slot for your desktop, a suitable refurbished graphics card is around $60 and will fit low-profile cases if necessary.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran