Author Topic: Deadpool 2  (Read 5862 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Deadpool 2
« on: April 20, 2018, 08:52:49 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20bpjtCbCz0

"So dark.  You sure you're not from the DC Universe?"

Here's my wallet.  Take what ever you need, give me back the rest.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Deadpool 2
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 09:43:42 PM »
I look forward to the daring exploits of Peter.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 10:24:03 PM »
"From the Studio that Killed Wolvervine"

Right there this shows they get it. Must be a different FOX that made that FF film.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 05:02:49 AM »
Incidentally, do we know who the kid that Cable is trying to kill is?  For some reason, every time I see him I think it's Butterball.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 05:19:47 AM »
Fingers crossed that it's Goldballs, if for no other reason than I want to hear the story of how he could doom the future.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 06:02:51 AM »
Fingers crossed that it's Goldballs, if for no other reason than I want to hear the story of how he could doom the future.

Ha!  Had to look that one up.  It does look like another likely candidate with potential for hilarity.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 04:19:51 AM »
Incidentally, do we know who the kid that Cable is trying to kill is?  For some reason, every time I see him I think it's Butterball.

I've heard rumors/speculation it's Rusty Collins.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 05:09:48 AM »
I've heard rumors/speculation it's Rusty Collins.

Indeed.  And I've also seen speculation based on an official in character Twitter account that Peter is Pete Wisdom.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 03:26:15 AM »
I really hope not based on the commercials, but I'm a huge fan of Wisdom and Excalibur.

Youbseep

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 10:08:34 AM »
looking forward to it 8)

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 03:52:54 AM »
It's good. I really have nothing to gripe about which is completely out of character.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 04:05:22 AM »
The biggest issue I had with it is the turning back time credits scene - that's pretty much peak Deadpool meta-comedy, and it's hard to see how they could top that in a third movie.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 05:13:14 AM »
It's good. I really have nothing to gripe about which is completely out of character.

Now I'm scared to see it...

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 01:35:55 AM »
I just saw the movie and I think the first movie is slightly better than this. The movie is funnier than the first one. I enjoyed the movie but, I would rather see the movie at a matinee. It's not worth paying $15 in my opinion. Problems I have
Spoiler for Hidden:
Killing off Wade's girlfriend at the beginning of the movie was a waste of character. I thought they was going to give her more screen time in this movie. Killing off members of the X-Force in comedic ways was also a waste. And the boy who calls himself "Firefist" is a dick but, I kinda understand why he's acting like that. I loved how they brought back Juggernaut and they did him right! Colossus is still my favorite character from the first movie.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 04:00:02 PM »
Deadpool is the one superhero or sci-fi movie I don't have to drag my girlfriend to. We both loved it. I was only disappointed by one thing:

Spoiler for Hidden:
Not a single joke was made about Juggernaut's famous line from his last appearance. I was certain as soon as he popped up on-screen there would be a crack about that at some point.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 04:18:08 PM »
I was surprised Kitty didn't materialize immediately to date Peter. But for me any jokes I think they should've made were made up for by
Spoiler for Hidden:
The Vanisher cameo and the Liefeld foot joke.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 01:49:55 AM »
And the extended version cut my favorite line. Not really worth bothering if you saw the theatrical version.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 08:19:35 PM »
Finally saw this.  The extended cut, as it happens.  Enjoyed it, but I think my favourite thing about it was Juggernaut's theme song.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 01:11:32 AM »
The biggest issue I had with it is the turning back time credits scene - that's pretty much peak Deadpool meta-comedy, and it's hard to see how they could top that in a third movie.

Perhaps.  Then again I remember when Winter Soldier came out and people were saying we reached peak Marvel and people were getting tired of the repetitive MCU movies that were all the same.  The next movie, of course, was the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie.  Then they were saying Ant-Man's revenue proved that people wouldn't keep paying to watch MCU movies, with the next movie of course being Civil War.  And then there were the people saying that Age of Ultron proved it was almost impossible to capture the magic of the first Avengers movie, and then along comes Infinity War. 

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 04:53:22 AM »
Pump the brakes on the hope train, Tex Arcana - Deadpool isn't really part of the MCU, right?

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2018, 11:41:04 AM »
He's not part of the MCU, and neither are the X-Men, but now that Fox's investors have approved the Disney buyout of Fox's entertainment properties, I'm looking forward to whatever Disney/Marvel decides to do. After the last ten years, I trust Feige!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 09:02:42 PM »
He's not part of the MCU, and neither are the X-Men, but now that Fox's investors have approved the Disney buyout of Fox's entertainment properties, I'm looking forward to whatever Disney/Marvel decides to do. After the last ten years, I trust Feige!

Jackman said he was done with Wolvie unless he could be in a film with the Avengers and the Hulk.

Maybe we can see a live action Hulk vs Wolverine someday.