Author Topic: Any game with similar buff/debuffs as CoH?  (Read 2792 times)

zopharshinta

• Underling
Any game with similar buff/debuffs as CoH?
« on: March 15, 2018, 08:39:27 PM »
Does anyone know of another MMO that has similar buff/debuffs mechanics as CoH?
I've had an itch to play something similar to the Radiation or kinetics power sets.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
Re: Any game with similar buff/debuffs as CoH?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 10:42:18 PM »
Welllll... I started playing Secret World: Legends - they have classes with a variety of primary and secondary 'attacks'.

Magi have elementalism and chaos magic...mercenaries have assault rifles and handguns...assassins have swordplay and elementalism.etc.

It's somewhat similar, and I think there may or may not be in-game buffs, but the powersets are arbitrary, assigned by class, with the ability to evolve your powers how you see fit.

One similarity I noticed that the Secret World: Legends is 100% story-focused. There is voice acting in pretty much every facet of the game.

The only thing is, it has a near-apocalyptic theme woven through with every form of supernatural creature you could imagine. Werewolves, vampires, Rakshasas, trolls, Oni, zombies, spirits, wendigo, insectoids, too many to count.

Again, it's very story-focused, so your interactions with these creatures makes sense within the game. It's very dark. If you're not prepared for that, it can be quite jarring.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:01:07 PM by LadyShin »
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."