Author Topic: Black Vulcan... er, Lightning season 1  (Read 13427 times)

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
Re: Black Vulcan... er, Lightning season 1
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2018, 12:37:08 PM »
Maybe like the Flash vibrates his face. Yet Barry doesn't seem to do that anymore. Sometimes he doesn't even bother disguising his voice.

No need when, at this point, seemlingly all of Central City, some of Star City, and even National City on another Earth knows Barry is The Flash.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2018, 12:43:47 PM »
No need when, at this point, seemlingly all of Central City, some of Star City, and even National City on another Earth knows Barry is The Flash.

Well last episode that number went down a few.

I was expecting in the trial if Iris told the court Barry was the Flash they all would have said in unison "We know."

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2018, 12:45:27 PM »
I just thought an idea. Black Lightning could have used his electricity to stimulate the boy's nervous system and make him walk again for a short period of time.  8)

His spinal cord was severed so that wouldn't work.

However maybe his tailor could come up with something.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2018, 01:46:10 PM »
"Consider this the Black Signal."  That line made me chuckle.

And I thought it was cool the way he admonished those cops to try using a taser instead of guns.  That was a good street level superhero moment.

Gambi's shady, secretive behaviour annoys me.  Because it has me curious, but I also feel like it's an obvious writer's ploy to incite curiosity.

And I liked Thunder's costume and associated montage.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2018, 06:20:35 AM »
Sigh, that was like a CWverse bingo card of an episode. Powers not working. Runs off half cocked to do something rite nao that could easily be put off til his powers were fixed. mysterious familial past tied to the current story. ally with secret ties to villains.

But I can't stay annoyed when Huggy Bear shows up.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2018, 08:11:50 PM »
I'm concerned about his ever growing power set.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2018, 12:41:34 AM »
"Consider this the Black Signal."  That line made me chuckle.

And I thought it was cool the way he admonished those cops to try using a taser instead of guns.  That was a good street level superhero moment.

Gambi's shady, secretive behaviour annoys me.  Because it has me curious, but I also feel like it's an obvious writer's ploy to incite curiosity.

And I liked Thunder's costume and associated montage.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Well he had the same history in the comics. And his brother had an even bigger link to villains and should probably show up on Flash at some point

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2018, 01:26:03 AM »
Guess the thing with the missing kids and the formula is this universe's version of the accelerator explosion.

I assume we will run into more super powered people soon enough.

Probably the girl will found out her father was one was of those kids.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2018, 02:35:44 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Well he had the same history in the comics. And his brother had an even bigger link to villains and should probably show up on Flash at some point

You think Black Lightning will crossover with The Flash? I thought they're doing their own thing.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2018, 03:10:13 AM »
Apparently, The Flash already had a Gambi reference back in episode one.

http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Gambi_Cleaners
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2018, 02:10:13 PM »

Mo reason there couldn't be one in both universes.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2018, 03:39:36 AM »

Except I don't consider that a real reference.  More just an easter egg for fans.

I don't think BL and Flash will cross over at any point... well maybe after a couple seasons.  But I do think it would be a good idea if Gambi from BL were to cross over to Flash to have a subplot involving his brother.  Unfortunately Flash has pretty much exhausted his device using rogues gallery already and given all of them (except for Mick and Rory) meta powers instead of gadgets.  I dunno, maybe team Flash figures out how to depower metas instead of just block the powers so Gambi comes up with costumes that fit their already established theme.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2018, 04:23:11 AM »
I never read Black Lightning comics so I looked it up.

Show is actually pretty faithful in a lot of ways. Same names, ex wife, same villains - the 100, Tobias, daughter has density control called Thunder.

In the comics the other daughter has electric powers as well. I wonder if they will do that here as well.

The original concept back in 1977 for DC's first black super hero was "The Black Bomber" - a white racist who turns black when he gets angry and gains super powers.

Luckily everyone thought that was an incredibly bad idea so we got Black Lightning instead.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2018, 05:29:17 AM »
The original concept back in 1977 for DC's first black super hero was "The Black Bomber" - a white racist who turns black when he gets angry and gains super powers.

Sounds more like a villain.  In another universe he could've stood shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Hatemonger and Flagsmasher.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2018, 10:21:13 AM »
Sounds more like a villain.  In another universe he could've stood shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Hatemonger and Flagsmasher.

They actually had a character cameo: "Brown Thunder" for one of their alternate universe stories or something - a take on the original concept.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2018, 06:31:56 AM »
Until that last episode I had no idea that albinos don't age. Always learn so much from CW shows.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2018, 07:56:37 PM »
That was actually mentioned a couple of weeks ago when he's confronting Gambi.  Tobias and his sister, Tori, were given a serum to slow their aging.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2018, 09:38:51 PM »
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?  The Tailor knows...

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2018, 05:44:07 PM »
I wondered why Tobias's guys were using those electric rifles. Now I see why. Good idea.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2018, 05:54:56 AM »
And now we know that BL's Earth is full of high tech weapons.