Author Topic: Black Vulcan... er, Lightning season 1  (Read 13419 times)

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
Re: Black Vulcan... er, Lightning season 1
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 12:12:56 AM »
I went in not knowing how good this was going to be but I had my hopes and I have to say I was very pleased with the show and thought it was pretty good. Plus come on... he shot him with a harpoon gun!

And he dropped one of his underlings into a piranha tank!  Yay!
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 09:04:39 PM »
It's a long shot but could we end up seeing 'Black Lightning and the Outsiders'?  Or perhaps just the 'Outsiders'?

Always possible, though none of them really fit with the show as it's set up so far. They've teased Metamorpho in some of the other shows and Tatsu was in Arrow. But really would you go out of your way to bring in any of the others? They were terrible characters. The only half decent run of that book was Winick's which had Anissa but not Jefferson.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 09:34:04 PM »
"Darkies" wasn't a word I was expecting to hear.

I initially liked that suit way back in the teaser/promos.  But the more I see it the worse it looks.  I think the main problem is that the bolts look too puffy and rounded. 
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 10:29:48 PM »
Always possible, though none of them really fit with the show as it's set up so far. They've teased Metamorpho in some of the other shows and Tatsu was in Arrow. But really would you go out of your way to bring in any of the others? They were terrible characters. The only half decent run of that book was Winick's which had Anissa but not Jefferson.

Seems they might make this a more 'realistic' show. (Super powers aside).
Not fill it up with other metas and alternate Earths and all that.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2018, 11:24:05 PM »
"Black Lightning, my man!" Favorite line the of the episode! lol  ;D

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 03:58:38 AM »
I'm hoping for a Mr. Bee Boo (sp?) crossover.

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2018, 04:36:24 AM »
Say, where do I recognize the tailor from...

::checks IMDB::

Oh, right... all of the things.

LOL. That was my reaction as well. (Though for some reason, I didn't recognize him when he showed up on Gotham.)

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2018, 02:55:25 PM »
"Darkies" wasn't a word I was expecting to hear.

I initially liked that suit way back in the teaser/promos.  But the more I see it the worse it looks.  I think the main problem is that the bolts look too puffy and rounded.

Agreed.  The outfit is a bit ridiculous.  Hopefully, they will refine it like they have for the other shows.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2018, 10:51:02 PM »
It's a long shot but could we end up seeing 'Black Lightning and the Outsiders'?  Or perhaps just the 'Outsiders'?

Well The Outsiders were featured in the latest episode - sort of.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2018, 02:44:25 PM »
Alright, having the boy who's dating his daughter that BL just put the fear of sex into get conveniently shot through the spine might be trying to cram in a bit too much drama.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2018, 07:16:00 PM »
Well The Outsiders were featured in the latest episode - sort of.

An Outsider with an Outsider comic talking to another Outsider is pretty far beyond sorta for a 3rd episode.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2018, 10:02:17 PM »
Alright, having the boy who's dating his daughter that BL just put the fear of sex into get conveniently shot through the spine might be trying to cram in a bit too much drama.

I agree. Unfortunately, it's the CW.  :( The 3rd episode was a let down for me... I was disappointed.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2018, 02:16:50 AM »
I agree. Unfortunately, it's the CW.  :( The 3rd episode was a let down for me... I was disappointed.

Would being shot through the head have worked better for you?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2018, 03:12:02 AM »
Would being shot through the head have worked better for you?

It would've been a bit less eyeroll worthy, at least.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2018, 08:02:04 AM »
Or, the show could have gone into full on soap mode by having the bullet graze his head leaving him with amnesia.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2018, 03:20:11 PM »
This shows why I don't think secret IDs work in real life.

Jefferson goes and talks to Two Butts or Bits or whatever.

Then later comes back as Black Lighting and basically looks like Jefferson wearing goggles.
He has the same haircut/style, same face shape, same facial hair.

But not as fun as the old Batman show where Comm Gordon talks to both Batman and Bruce Wayne on the phone, and they have the EXACT same voice and he doesn't even notice.

Say what you want about the Green Lantern film but they got that part right - Carol saw through Hal's mask in like two seconds.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2018, 09:37:32 PM »
In one of the earlier episodes someone noted that there was something weird about trying to look at BL's face.  Presumably there's an element of disguise there beyond what the audience sees.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 10:32:39 PM »
In one of the earlier episodes someone noted that there was something weird about trying to look at BL's face.  Presumably there's an element of disguise there beyond what the audience sees.

Maybe like the Flash vibrates his face. Yet Barry doesn't seem to do that anymore. Sometimes he doesn't even bother disguising his voice.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2018, 10:54:59 PM »
Could be a specialized EMF.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2018, 09:16:36 AM »
I just thought an idea. Black Lightning could have used his electricity to stimulate the boy's nervous system and make him walk again for a short period of time.  8)