Author Topic: New World MMO - By Amazon  (Read 2360 times)

bugzee

New World MMO - By Amazon
« on: October 24, 2017, 11:37:11 PM »
Yes thats right! Amazon has a gaming development studio now (https://games.amazon.com/). One game they are developing is an open world mmo called "New World". It looks interesting from the tiny bits of info that they have released so far. The pre-order is free, and I signed up for it so I can keep updated on its progress. Also, it would be really cool if they could resurrect a certain super hero mmo that met an untimely demise. I find it strange that amazon is now developing games, but it seems logical now that they bought Twitch. They certainly have the money to do it.

Brought to you by Carl's Junior.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: New World MMO - By Amazon
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 11:09:55 PM »
Google caches STO's wiki. I use this cached/text version, regularly, due to it removes the sucking sound normally heard from deep within The Internet when I use it vs. using the STO Wiki itself.

Anyway, when I hit a STO cache page today I got this:

We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

And I'd been thinking about this thread, and so, there ya go! Sorta...kinda...on topic!

As for the OP.. Cool. Can never have too many game publishers and Amazon's a big name.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

hurple

• Elite Boss
Re: New World MMO - By Amazon
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 01:27:17 PM »
Signed up too.  Still looking for a replacement to CoX that I enjoy long term.  There have been a few that have held my interest for a short time, but nothing, so far, has made me a permanent resident like CoX.

This one looks interesting, but with so few details provided, that may or may not be the case when it releases.