Author Topic: Have you seen this Stage 9 Project?  (Read 2202 times)

mobbyg

• Minion
  • Ultra Knight Lives!!
Have you seen this Stage 9 Project?
« on: September 28, 2017, 03:45:33 AM »
My usual nighttime routine is to check my favoite websites and then go to Youtube to de compress rom the day watching what ever seems to be trending or is recommended for me. Well I got on a Star Trek:TNG roll, and then one of the Stage 9 videos came up.

A group of volunteers are building a 3D version of the Enterprise D using the Unreal engine. From the videos it seems they haven't decided what they want to really do with it yet, make it a game of just something that you could wander around the ship with, but it looks kind of cool! And they have a few Q&A videos as well as an application you can download and try out. I grabbed the current one, and walked around a little and it looks kind of cool.

Here is the latest video they just put out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQdbgYv5_gI

Anyone else heard of these guys?
Thoughts?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Have you seen this Stage 9 Project?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 10:25:20 PM »
My usual nighttime routine is to check my favoite websites and then go to Youtube to de compress rom the day watching what ever seems to be trending or is recommended for me. Well I got on a Star Trek:TNG roll, and then one of the Stage 9 videos came up.

A group of volunteers are building a 3D version of the Enterprise D using the Unreal engine. From the videos it seems they haven't decided what they want to really do with it yet, make it a game of just something that you could wander around the ship with, but it looks kind of cool! And they have a few Q&A videos as well as an application you can download and try out. I grabbed the current one, and walked around a little and it looks kind of cool.

Here is the latest video they just put out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQdbgYv5_gI

Anyone else heard of these guys?
Thoughts?

The Voyager and DS9 interiors were done in 3D years and years and years ago for some Star Trek games, that you could run around in and explore.
I am sure they look shoddy by todays standards but was great stuff back then.