Plan Z: General > Plan Z: General Discussion

Who will claim Paragon's throne... And who will die?

<< < (8/8)

Surelle:

--- Quote from: downix on November 10, 2017, 11:15:12 PM ---Markets can and do grow as well. That is the largest advantage to having games with such drastic differences, it enables the courting of customers who otherwise would not be part of the market.

--- End quote ---

Great point!  And besides all that, Superhero MMO fans and former CoH players are likely going to try all the successors.  They'll eliminate the one(s) they feel are inferior, OR flit back and forth between all of them over time if they're all good.  That's what I'm planning to do, anyway!

There are eight zillion pointy-eared MMORPGs and even the oldest ones (like Everquest) are still getting expansions, and have people running around in them.  If anything, superhero MMO games are quite under-represented compared to those!

Castegyre:
http://massivelyop.com/2017/12/28/massively-ops-best-of-2017-awards-most-anticipated/

At a glance I noticed three titles on there; VO, SoH, and CoT. None of them may come out in 2018, but at least they made the list. I'll take that as a good sign.

lunawisp:

--- Quote from: princezilla on November 02, 2017, 07:14:13 AM ---But my point still stands, the market isn't large enough to support all these together with existing titles so something or several somethings are going to come out on bottom.

--- End quote ---

The 'current' market might not be but if the games are good enough it's reasonable to expect that they would draw in additional players. Of course someone has to come last but doing so doesn't mean failure as long as the game has enough support to keep going. Only time will tell on that score.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version