Author Topic: Young Justice season 3 and live action Titans  (Read 1050 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Young Justice season 3 and live action Titans
« on: April 28, 2017, 10:43:20 AM »
For those who care, it's allegedly in the works for some sort of digital release.  I'll watch it if it's convenient and free.  There were moments I liked in the first two seasons, fleeting though they were.

There's also apparently a live action Titans...

http://www.cbr.com/young-justice-titans-dc-digital-service/
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Re: Young Justice season 3 and live action Titans
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 11:32:36 AM »
I'm sure it's not going to be free because just like CBS/Paramount they have fallen for the fallacy that since Netflix is amazingly popular that means anybody can start a streaming service and make a fortune.  WB and DC are creating their own streaming service that will only show DC media.  And those two shows are only going to be available on the service.

The positive part of this is that it probably means all of their cartoon series and older live action series will probably wind up on there.  The bad part is that it probably means they will be pulling those series from all other platforms.  Who knows, they might even wind up taking the Arrowverse stuff off of the CW app.  I'm hoping they don't and instead just have their previous seasons only available on the DC channel.

But just like CBS they will find out that you actually have to have a wide range of content if you want people to pay for your service... except that isn't the lesson they will take from it.  Instead they will look at the low subscription level and decide that it means nobody really wanted a third season of Young Justice or a live action Titans.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
Re: Young Justice season 3 and live action Titans
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 11:57:03 AM »
I expect it may sell well when it eventually does to DVD, and that will doubly perplex them.