Author Topic: Finished my Book Series, looking for help promoting it...  (Read 953 times)

Shenku

• Elite Boss
Finished my Book Series, looking for help promoting it...
« on: February 05, 2017, 12:31:06 AM »
Greetings folks!

I know I don't frequent these forums very much of late except to quietly lurk while checking to see what's new with Paragon Chat, but I thought I would drop in real quick to say that after much toil and far too much time, I finally released my third book, Daughter of Light, which finishes off my first book series, The Black Dawn Wars, or at least as far as this storyline goes in that world.

For those who don't know about or remember my previous threads, I started working on developing The Black Dawn Wars series (More info here.) a good 12+ years ago, and it's mostly fantasy based with hints of sci-fi, some minor romance, a little mystery, exc. strewn throughout the series, but a bulk of the style of story telling was influenced heavily by my experiences from playing City of Heroes prior to shut down, as well as watching way too much in the way of Anime, so there's a lot of action in each book as well... It's not exactly as descriptive as Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, and I know I'm not exactly J.K. Rowling over here, but I feel the series tells the story I set out to tell when I first began this journey all those years ago, which for now is good enough for me, even if the story is a little rough around the edges in some places...

Anyways, the first two books are currently available for free on Kindle at the following links, so if you haven't read them yet (Which if I'm being honest, I know for a fact you haven't, based on my total sales/download numbers...), you can snag them completely free of charge until Tuesday (February 7th). Descriptions of each book can be found on the linked pages for each book.

Book 1 Kindle Edition
Book 2 Kindle Edition

And then of course there is Book 3 which was just released yesterday, so it isn't currently free like the first two, but it is only $2.99 for the Kindle version, and thus not too heavy a hit to the wallet I hope...

Book 3 Kindle Edition

Alternately, if you prefer a physical copy and don't mind paying the extra printing costs (I use a print on demand service), you can buy physical copies of any or all of the three books from lulu.com here.

Lastly, now that I got that horrible sales pitch out of the way (apologies!), and going back to the topic's title, I would like some help with spreading the word about the series, so even if you can't buy a copy yourself (whether you're just not interested in indie fantasy novels, or your budget is too tight), I'd like to ask a small favor that if you're willing, please share this series with your friends and/or family via Facebook or what have you? (You can simply link them to the series' Facebook page, if you like, which can be found here) I'm trying to do the same already, but my pool of social network connections is somewhat limited due to my reclusive and anti-social habits, so getting some people outside my tiny circle of friends to help spread the word would be a huge help, and would be greatly appreciated! :)

Anyways, if you're still reading this, and haven't completely zoned out already due to SADD (Scrapper Attention Deficit Disorder, otherwise known as "Oooh, look! Another mob! I'mma punch it!"), thanks for bearing with my incessant rambling; I tend to ramble when I'm nervous, and I'm always nervous when trying make posts like this intended for people I don't really know... (Seriously, I just spent the better part of 4+ hours writing and rewriting this post...) And apologies to the Mods if I posted this in the wrong section, this just seemed the best section for a topic like this...

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Finished my Book Series, looking for help promoting it...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 03:20:48 AM »
As soon as I finish reading Thong the Barbarian Meets the Cycle Sluts of Saturn, I'll start in on your first book and, if nothing else, add my review to Amazon.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.