Author Topic: Legion: A new Marvel FX TV series coming soon  (Read 2286 times)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
Legion: A new Marvel FX TV series coming soon
« on: January 29, 2017, 06:09:10 AM »
A new Marvel TV series called Legion is based on the X-Men comic book character name David Charles Haller aka Legion he is Professor Xavier's son who have a dissociative identity disorder. Each personality gives him different powers. He's also one the most powerful mutants in the X-Men universe. What's more interesting is that the series will be connected to the X-Men cinematic universe! The first television series to do so, and is produced by FX Productions in association with Marvel Television and 26 Keys Productions. Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SZ3rMMYBLY

The show comes out February 8, 2017 on FX.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Legion: A new Marvel FX TV series coming soon
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 06:38:02 AM »
Being connected to the train wreck that is the X-Men cinematic universe isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 12:55:56 PM »
Being connected to the train wreck that is the X-Men cinematic universe isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

And which one? The original three film universe, the one from 1967 first class, the one new rebooted one after 'Future Past'?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 01:25:35 PM »
Yes.  That "one".  Too many cars in that train wreck.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 09:47:23 PM »
Yes.  That "one".  Too many cars in that train wreck.

I can see some of that.  X3 was undone by time travel in Days of Future Past, then Apocalypse happened, which met with the same groaning.  You're probably not going to enjoy Logan.

I give X-Men a break in one aspect: they haven't done a complete continuity reboot like Spider-Man, Hulk, or the DC Franchises.  And the original X-Men was done in a time before reboots and cinematic universes were common, so they had no plan of that sort in the first place.

But a TV series with mutants... that interests me.  Like Agents of SHIELD, they can go into character development much more in depth than 2.5 hour cinematic CGI fest can offer.  And they have a heck of a universe to build upon.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 05:42:43 PM »
Just a reminder: the show comes on tonight at 10 o'clock.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 01:21:10 AM »
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 02:41:45 AM »
Anyone else still watching this snoozefest? I'm barely making it and I watch at double speed.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 03:20:28 AM »
I've only watched the first episode or two.  At the end of which I wasn't really sure what was going on.  I may yet go back and give it a shot, but it's not a priority.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 03:43:49 AM »
Basically nothing happens til episode 4, and it's episode 5 before they do the 'shocking' thing that's pretty much been obvious since the first episode. Can't say as I'd recommend it unless you're in the market for style without substance.