Author Topic: CoT Work in Progress Videos?  (Read 7239 times)

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
CoT Work in Progress Videos?
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:47:56 PM »
Are these videos of CoT work in progress? Or something else? Not sure came across them while searching for CoH videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/u2willdie/videos

Fireheart

• Boss
Re: CoT Work in Progress Videos?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 05:29:33 PM »
I believe the answer is yes.  However, the best source for CoT Progress videos is http://cityoftitans.com/

Be Well!
Fireheart

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 11:01:59 AM »
Then it looks very promising from what I can see, thanks for the website address

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 08:18:13 PM »
u2willdie is one of our coders, actually. He has his own side-project as well. Videos he makes for CoT are typically flagged private. That being said, his work is excellent, as you can see from the work he's done on his own.

That being said, he was in a severe car crash on New Years Eve, which he is still recovering from. So any well wishes or good thoughts would be appreciated.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 02:41:45 AM »
Oh, damn.  Sorry to hear that.  Hope he has a speedy recovery with minimal stress.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 05:44:57 PM »
As an update, Fred has recovered and is back to work.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 08:06:45 PM »
Good to hear!
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Golden Aurora

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 04:32:12 PM »

Kawless

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 05:13:37 AM »
I wrote off CoT as vaporware years ago.
Maybe someone actually did something with it by now.

ZeeHero

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 05:18:42 AM »
All games are Vaporware until they're released. That said, to my knowledge even with their 600k in kickstarter money CoT has yet to make a pre alpha. at this rate Valiance Online is way ahead with less resources.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 12:07:57 AM »
CoT is well into the alpha phase, but they don't have a public alpha like VO does. But there are videos of the game in action, released regularly (and most recently only two weeks ago).  That's not vaporware, even if you can't personally play it.

VO is also ahead because they were in the middle of making a fantasy MMO, and when CoH closed, they decided to use what they had and just switch genres, so they didn't start from scratch like CoT did.

The only one that looks like vaporware is Heroes and Villains, which has shown literally nothing other than a few character models.  (Even Ship of Heroes, which started only last year, has shown more than H&V has)

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 03:35:23 PM »
CoT is well into the alpha phase, but they don't have a public alpha like VO does. But there are videos of the game in action, released regularly (and most recently only two weeks ago).  That's not vaporware, even if you can't personally play it.

VO is also ahead because they were in the middle of making a fantasy MMO, and when CoH closed, they decided to use what they had and just switch genres, so they didn't start from scratch like CoT did.

The only one that looks like vaporware is Heroes and Villains, which has shown literally nothing other than a few character models.  (Even Ship of Heroes, which started only last year, has shown more than H&V has)

That latest video looks good, really like the look of the city.