Author Topic: Recommended to Watch: Overlord (anime)  (Read 3402 times)

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
Recommended to Watch: Overlord (anime)
« on: December 15, 2016, 07:14:36 PM »
This is a story about a deeply immersive virtual reality MMO called 'Yggdrasl' in an alternate Earth. The main character is an elder lich, named Momonga, who heads a guild called 'Ains Ooal Gown'.  They're one of the best in the game... Which is also imminently closing down at the start of the series. He sticks around and says goodbye to the last of the guild players...

He sits around his council table as the seconds tick down to midnight, expecting the servers to close.......Sound Familiar? But something goes wrong, he finds himself still in that world. Find out for yourself what happens next :)

"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Recommended to Watch: Overlord (anime)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 11:59:47 PM »
Sounds interesting.  Which platform(s) is it viewable from?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 07:27:51 PM »
It's published by Funimation, so you can see it on there, or one of the few vids available on Youtube - though these are much smaller, embedded in a full screen animation to avoid copyright infringement.

Some in-depth info can be found here - http://overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wiki/Characters - worth a read while you watch :)

Also, there is a manga of the same name. http://www.mangareader.net/overlord  8)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 07:40:14 PM by LadyShin »
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 12:59:49 AM »
I thought the beginning was great - really got me in the feels, but I didn't like it ended - or petered out - not sure if they intend to do more

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 06:13:05 PM »
I enjoyed the series but of course the lead is OP to the extreme.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot