Author Topic: Vidiotmaps  (Read 28067 times)

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
Re: Vidiotmaps
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 02:25:37 AM »
Hm, still can't get them to appear, have rechecked installation and I am certain the files are in the right place.

Quick question: can the vidiot map overlays be added to a future update? Also the veteran power to clear the fog of war from the map? If not, okay. Love what you have done and look forward to future updates.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 03:27:16 AM »
If this is where the files are, have you restarted Paragon Chat?

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 02:40:58 PM »
I have them in appdata\roaming\Paragon Chat\data\texture_library

in the texture_library are 3 folders:  Maps  P_Maps  V_Maps
In fearful COH-less days

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 03:56:34 PM »
Did the maps in the tram stations change for you?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 04:16:10 PM »
I have them in appdata\roaming\Paragon Chat\data\texture_library

in the texture_library are 3 folders:  Maps  P_Maps  V_Maps

Is there actually a space there? There shouldn't be; the default install directory for 1.0+ is AppData\Roaming\ParagonChat. The version with the space was used in old 0.98 and 0.99 series betas.

There should also not be a 'data' directly under ParagonChat. There's a Client subfolder that everything the game client uses comes from.

The best way to make sure you're in the right place is to run Paragon Chat, then on the login screen, click the button with the blue folder. It will open up Explorer directly to whatever location PC is running out of. From there you can simply go into Client, then data.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 02:00:49 AM »
Is there actually a space there? There shouldn't be; the default install directory for 1.0+ is AppData\Roaming\ParagonChat. The version with the space was used in old 0.98 and 0.99 series betas.

There should also not be a 'data' directly under ParagonChat. There's a Client subfolder that everything the game client uses comes from.

The best way to make sure you're in the right place is to run Paragon Chat, then on the login screen, click the button with the blue folder. It will open up Explorer directly to whatever location PC is running out of. From there you can simply go into Client, then data.

Codewalker, I thank you yet again for your guidance. The maps are now modified and the exploration badges and plaques show again.  :)
In fearful COH-less days

PreciousRoy

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2017, 03:04:41 AM »
I have had no luck installing VidiotMaps. I've added it to every possible ParagonChat folder I can find. Followed the instructions. Ran it again. I don't see any change in the overlays. My RQZ map doesn't show one badge.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2017, 04:31:50 PM »
My VidiotMaps are in ParagonChat\Client\data\texture_library
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Revolution Calling

• Underling
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2017, 10:10:25 PM »
Hit the nail on the head.

I installed Vidiot Maps just now and confirmed this works.  Here's the steps, in case you, the forum reader, want to try this (close Paragon Chat first!):

1. Install Vidiot Maps from Sourceforge (I REALLY hate them after Dice took over and started all sorts of shenanigans, but the Vidiot Maps program isn't popular enough to catch their radar for sales.  I installed it and didn't get any drive-by installs.  If someone else has a mirror, I'm glad to replace this link.)

2. Point the installer towards a temporary folder you make somewhere.  I made a empty folder on my Desktop.  Once the installer finishes, open the folder.  It should show a folder called "Data" and an uninstall app to remove the custom maps.  Highlight them all and copy.

3. Open Windows Explorer/File Explorer and type "%APPDATA%" into the Address.  Find the "ParagonChat" folder  =OR= Open Paragon Chat and click the blue folder icon.

4. Open the "client" folder, which should also have a "Data" folder among others.  Paste the contents there.

Done.

Install into the "Client" folder, correct?

Dannii

• Minion
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2017, 12:55:51 AM »
For those unable to get the Vidiotmaps to work, make sure that you are not putting the Data folder containing the texture_library in the Data folder.

The correct path is appdata\roaming\Paragon Chat\data\texture_library
(notice there is only one data folder) 

Faero

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 01:34:35 PM »
What is the XMPP acct information?

Korbian

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2019, 02:49:14 PM »
If you mean your login for Paragon Chat, it's <username>@chat.cohtitan.com.

I'm just confused as to what it has to do with vidiotmaps.  ???