Author Topic: Spider-Man Homecoming Trailer  (Read 3152 times)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
Spider-Man Homecoming Trailer
« on: December 09, 2016, 11:29:55 PM »

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Spider-Man Homecoming Trailer
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 11:56:26 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNE0zRNyXuc

This movie looks fantastic!

Well now that Marvel Studios has a hand in a Spider-Man film, finally.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 07:41:52 AM »
I'm hopeful for this one.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 05:25:17 AM »
https://twitter.com/LethalDeadpool/status/808364701134557184

It's interesting when you compared the US and International trailer.  International skipped most of the high school footage while adding more villains and action footage.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 10:29:29 PM »
I liked the first three with Tobey.

The first reboot one with Garfield was ok but the 2nd one was a real stinker for me.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 01:48:28 AM »

The first reboot one with Garfield was ok but the 2nd one was a real stinker for me.

The third Spiderman, I remember Bruce Campbell's cameo more than the actual plot.  For a movie with Venom involved, that shouldn't happen.  That and Topher Grace was woefully miscast.

Didn't see the Garfield movies.  (Either the orange cat or The Amazing Spider Man.)  Nothing from them caught my interest. 

I'm optimistic about this one...  What does bother me is the thought that this might be the last appearance of Iron Man as RDJ's contract would be up.  (He's not getting any younger, I know, but...)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 02:05:20 AM »
Nobody mention Spider-man 3's
Spoiler for Hidden:
emo peter dance scene
Tahquitz and doc7924 seem to have some very healthy repression working and who knows what would happen if those memories resurfaced.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 06:15:31 AM »

I hated Tobey's first movie, kinda liked the second, and thought the third could've been good had it focused solely on the Sandman and totally left out That 70s Venom.

I didn't see Garfield's first Spider-Man movie until well after it was available to rent.  I was pleasantly surprised, but the trailers for the sequel destroyed any good will I had towards his stint as the webhead.

I refuse to be optimistic about the upcoming movie.  I will treat it with the same wariness as a DC movie, operating under the premise that no matter how promising it looks in the trailers it's likely to be terrible enough that all the good parts make the bad parts that much worse.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 01:51:09 PM »
I hated Tobey's first movie, kinda liked the second, and thought the third could've been good had it focused solely on the Sandman and totally left out That 70s Venom.

I didn't see Garfield's first Spider-Man movie until well after it was available to rent.  I was pleasantly surprised, but the trailers for the sequel destroyed any good will I had towards his stint as the webhead.

I refuse to be optimistic about the upcoming movie.  I will treat it with the same wariness as a DC movie, operating under the premise that no matter how promising it looks in the trailers it's likely to be terrible enough that all the good parts make the bad parts that much worse.

I would think that if it was another SONY film. But having Marvel Studios directly involved I think will make it a winner just like everything else they have done.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 01:56:08 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
emo peter dance scene
Tahquitz and doc7924 seem to have some very healthy repression working and who knows what would happen if those memories resurfaced.

Actually I did like the part in 3 where the good persona fights the evil subconscious persona in the black suit for control.
Or was that Superman 3?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 04:48:43 PM »
I would think that if it was another SONY film. But having Marvel Studios directly involved I think will make it a winner just like everything else they have done.

I wouldn't say they were all winners.  The Iron Man sequels were pretty bad.  And Ant-Man was merely okay... in the same way I consider the Green Lantern movie to be "okay".
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 10:40:35 PM »
I wouldn't say they were all winners.  The Iron Man sequels were pretty bad.  And Ant-Man was merely okay... in the same way I consider the Green Lantern movie to be "okay".

Well they still did very well in the box office. Not Lantern, but the other films.

And they took the obscure (at least to the general public) Guardians of the Galaxy and made a huge hit.

The Spidery film may not be on the level of Avengers or Winter Soldier or Civil War, but certainly will be better I think then any of the Sony ones.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 03:48:39 AM »
Oh gawd.  I'd completely forgotten about that part.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 06:28:02 AM »
I forget 95+% of everything I watch/read/hear and yet that, which I'd much prefer to forget is pretty close to crystal.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 03:43:59 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
emo peter dance scene

You're the first person to call it healthy. :D
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran