Author Topic: Arrow Season 5  (Read 23551 times)

CG

• Elite Boss
Arrow Season 5
« on: July 25, 2016, 01:54:59 PM »
Edit: old link wasn't working

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAdPIlkE_Cg

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 01:37:02 PM by CG »

CG

• Elite Boss
Re: Arrow Season 5
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 01:37:07 PM »
Premiere: Wednesday, October 5th, 2016 at 8 pm

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 05:59:06 PM »
If that's Wild Dog in the trailer, then any obscure DC character has a chance to make it to television.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 07:11:10 PM »
I'm hoping for some pithy comments about Oliver in a goalie mask as a vigilante (as per Casey Jones)

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 02:18:57 AM »
If that's Wild Dog in the trailer, then any obscure DC character has a chance to make it to television.

Well they need somebody who is a Punisher type and they can't user Deadshot any more.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 04:40:46 AM »
Wild Dog also has the virtue of being easy on the special effects budget.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 06:50:21 AM »
To honor the Black Canary we've commissioned Mrs. Johnson's 4th grade art class to produce this delicious chocolate statue!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 12:26:43 PM »
Parachute arrow...  seriously...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 01:19:28 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
My favorite part was how Oliver was so insistent that the complete stranger already operating as a vigilante who clearly has combat training and evidently can disarm bombs not be allowed to keep being a vigilante. But the guy he actually knows who gets jacked by common street thugs when sent out on recon and has a kid is in without argument.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 12:37:00 AM »
I laugh every time they say "stardust."
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 12:36:52 PM »
Liked the Terrific mask and jacket (and the Sloane reference for good measure).

A fun little nod to Amell's role as Casey Jones.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 01:44:04 AM »
I like the look of the Terrific outfit but I really wish Curtis were more competent.  Laurel or Roy can train for a couple weeks and be kicking ass.  But an Olympic athlete and scientific genius turns into Gilligan when he is in action.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 12:23:53 AM »
I laugh every time they say "stardust."

Seems like he could have avoided all that fighting and just licked them by smiling.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 02:59:11 PM »
I'm not sure where Arrow's obsession with "no secrets" came from.  Fundamentally, Oliver is a murderous vigilante whose identity needs to be kept secret.  Being a vigilante, and therefore keeping secrets, is the font from which everything else on the show flows.  Frankly secrets and trust should be an ongoing issue in the show, but more shades of grey than the ridiculous Felicity standard from last season.

While Oliver might have been a sociopath when training the new recruits and he needs to trust them to operate within their capacities in the field, that should build over time before revealing his identity to them.  I'm assuming this is a TV genre convention we should overlook somehow?  What if one of the recruits (who don't have any attachment to Oliver and whom Oliver was just beating the snot out of) decided to go to the news for a fat cheque and an interview?

The fight/action scenes in the first couple of episodes have been visceral and dramatic.  I really like it.  One that springs to mind is when Oliver fired an explosive arrow at the pillar and Church flies across the room.  That's a pretty good stunt.

Also, the Green Arrow has started killing?  Is nobody in the city going to make the connection to the current GA's tactics and the old Hood's tactics from a couple years ago, Roy Harper's death not withstanding.  I suppose superb archers in hoods are a dime a dozen in Star city...

Finally - when does Oliver sleep?

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 01:43:50 PM »
Speaking of Vigilante, was that a flash of DA Chase in costume during the next episode preview last night?

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 06:29:20 AM »
I want to see an infomercial for that 'anti-molecular compound'. Several squirts dissolves concrete in seconds! One spray instantly dissolves steel! And it won't eat through its handy container! Call now!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 12:10:53 AM »
And it won't eat through its handy container!
Actually, that part wouldn't be hard to explain.  It's probably stored as two halves of a compound (like epoxy) that spray at the same time and react when they combine.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 08:44:05 PM »
Some reaction videos have theorized that Prometheus is Tommy Merlyn, back from the dead. But, now that they've announced Talia's presence this season, I was thinking that maybe she was Prometheus, looking for revenge for Oliver's having killed her father and turned the League over to Malcolm Merlyn. However, she'll be played by Lexa Doig, and, as petite as she is, and as beefy as Church is, I don't know that she'd be able to slam him to the ground like Prometheus did at the end of "The Recruits".

Also, Lexa Doig as Talia! Blastr's article mentioned Continuum and Stargate: SG-1 as projects of hers, but they left out her five seasons on Andromeda. For shame.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:07:59 PM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2016, 09:36:43 AM »
So evidently the assassin was supposed to be 'another big DCU character named Scimitar' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF5HH77mtjE&feature=youtu.be). So big that no one other than the Arrow producers have ever heard of him. And you'd think if you're going to call a guy that you might want to, y'know, give him a scimitar? But then the 'big' character they just made up might've infringed on the actual Marvel character.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 02:20:40 PM »
In reference to the
Spoiler for Hidden:
picture of Oliver in Russia when he was supposed to be on the island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is

Also this: https://www.google.ca/search?q=people+who+look+like+twins+but+aren%27t+related&biw=1342&bih=929&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiYov2f6ZbQAhWK14MKHezgDw0Q_AUIBigB

Spoiler for Hidden:
"Here are the facts: I was on the Queens Gambit when it sank in the ocean and I was found on a deserted island 5 years later.  So let me get this straight, you are saying that somehow I ended up in Russia with gangsters prior to being discovered on the island?  They dropped me off there for some reason? Also - did you catch the news last week when I was impersonated?"