Author Topic: Thor: Ragnarok  (Read 4786 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Thor: Ragnarok
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2017, 10:40:00 PM »
That's all one expounded upon note.  It's all just fury.  Signifying a bit less than nothing on its own.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2017, 02:22:14 AM »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 02:27:38 AM »
That's all one expounded upon note.  It's all just fury.  Signifying a bit less than nothing on its own.

If all of that constitutes one note, I'm afraid I don't know how to construct a chord.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 03:35:43 AM »
If all of that constitutes one note, I'm afraid I don't know how to construct a chord.

I've been watching too much food based stuff over the past couple of weeks, so I'm going to say it's all about balance of flavours.  There are many ways to create umami, but if all you have is umami you've created a "one note" dish.  All Hela had was fury.

Skurge could've just been selfish - his toadying and lust for glory (two things that are really one) making him an utterly bland henchman.  But they showed he was capable of caring for others, too.  Suddenly he had more character than his erstwhile boss.  Just two notes.  A slight balance of flavour.  A "chord", perhaps.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.