Author Topic: Killing Joke Animated  (Read 1046 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Killing Joke Animated
« on: July 23, 2016, 05:07:14 PM »
Was OK. If you were annoyed by the GN as I was you'll be annoyed by this. There is a decent amount of new material that's not too bad (though there are two new annoying things, one of which may cause intense nerdrage if you're a purist) with a mini Batgirl story before the adaptation proper kicks in.

The end credits left Moore's name off the GN credit so I'm guessing he wasn't a fan.

Overall I'd say it may be worth a look if you were a huge fan of the original or haven't read it but probably not worth going out of your way otherwise.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
Re: Killing Joke Animated
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 06:42:07 PM »
I gather Moore has requested/insisted his name be removed from all Marvel and DC products
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

princezilla

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 02:37:46 AM »
I'll check it out for Hamill and Conroy if no other reason.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 09:35:20 PM »
Just saw it.  I only have a passing familiarity with the source material, but other than some weirdness with the Batgirl/Batman relationship I thought it was alright.  The ending was weak, but it matched up with what I know of the original story.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.