Author Topic: using the demo dump command  (Read 4601 times)

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
using the demo dump command
« on: May 13, 2016, 11:31:00 PM »
So I can not get Zloth's demo launcher to function on my current machine. I keeps saying "Can not find City of heroes"  :'(

But I don't give up. I know there is a demo dump command that I can run from the command line interface to instruct the game engine to export x-frames per second of demo played. Can anyone give me an example of the proper syntax to use this to export 30 frames per second?
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

Canine

• Lieutenant
Re: using the demo dump command
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 09:42:50 PM »
This is very, very late, but what the hell.

Set up a shortcut to cityofheroes.exe in your client_demos folder.

Right click it, and change the properties to something like

H:\Games\CoH\Clients\CohBeta\cityofheroes.exe -demoplay RWZ.cohdemo -demofps 30 -demodump -disable2d

You'll need to point the path to your CoH executable location, change the name of the .cohdemo file to the one you want to dump, and make damn sure you've got a lot of HDD space, because it'll get big, fast.

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
Re: using the demo dump command
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 10:14:51 PM »
This is very, very late, but what the hell.

Set up a shortcut to cityofheroes.exe in your client_demos folder.

Right click it, and change the properties to something like

H:\Games\CoH\Clients\CohBeta\cityofheroes.exe -demoplay RWZ.cohdemo -demofps 30 -demodump -disable2d

You'll need to point the path to your CoH executable location, change the name of the .cohdemo file to the one you want to dump, and make damn sure you've got a lot of HDD space, because it'll get big, fast.

Hey better lat then never. Besides, now I have a confirmed location I, and anyone else for that matter, can go to see the command lined out. Thanks. And no worries on the hard drive space. I have 16TB.
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.