Author Topic: What was your best player experience?  (Read 2103 times)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
What was your best player experience?
« on: May 12, 2016, 04:14:14 PM »
Yeah, I'm waxing nostalgic. So, sue me. I tried waxing my back, but that really hurt. I mean, I can't imagine what that must feel like on the more sensitive...wait, that's too much info.

I thought I'd share my best player experience. I have a lot to choose from. But, I'd like to hear yours as well.

In no particular order:

1. The Dr. Quaterfield TF with The Debt Junkies. A very solid, fun group of guys and gals - who, to the best of my knowledge are all still friends and meet in real life on an annual basis, if not more often. It was my first experience with Team Speak. I remember being very impressed with "IP Freely", who was leading the task force. (IP Freely was his teamspeak name - in game, he was External Peace.)

2. Soloing Dreck with my fire/stone tank.   Dreck as an AV, before they nerved burn. It was the longest fight that any of my characters had that didn't result in my defeat. Maybe 3, 5 minutes. It was awesome and I could never reproduce that feeling, even after burn was un-nerfed, even with all the IO goodness and buffs. Close, but not quite.

3. The Really Hard Way - from start to finish, that was just an incredible experience, all those heroes dodging the lightning, dealing with all those level 53's and 54's and the other AVs.

4. Leading the UGT's on Liberty, helping folks get those badges and shards and components, etc. What Liberty lacked in population, it made up for in colorful, strong personalities - many of whom got on my last nerve (and I'm sure I got on theirs!!!) and quality players.

5. Selling an IO for 2 Billion inf for the first time. I think it was 2 Billion. Maybe it was 2 million? Nah, 2 Billion was the cap, right? I ended up, eventually having about a lot of emails with inf to hold it all. Shallow, yeah, but that's me. It was fun wheeling and dealing. A real time sink, too. Certainly not for everyone.

6. My first purple recipe. An Armageddon. Something I could use. The color looked awesome splashing on the screen!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:10:23 PM by ukaserex »
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Mister Hassenpheffer

• Boss
    • 3D printouts?!
Re: What was your best player experience?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 07:29:14 PM »
One of my best player experiences was when I hooked up with a crazy crew of cool kids.

Here is an example of our shenanigans:

We found a hole in the wall in Faultline, and we managed to get our lowbie butts back behind the entrance/exit to the zone.

Things got creative as they often did, a few broadcast chats, and next thing we knew, we had folks trying to get to us to collect a 30 million inf reward.

If only they could enter the exit to the zone to get to us.

We kept telling them, "Oh, you almost had it, just a little higher next time and you can slip through"

It wasn't getting old. The guy that was on his 13th try had us laughing so hard we needed new pants.

Sadly, the next patch fixed the hole.

The memories remain.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 07:40:09 PM by Mister Hassenpheffer »

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
Re: What was your best player experience?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 10:04:31 PM »
When EQ was in beta there was a period of time when they were likely not going to put in a PvP server at all. They decided to give it a shot and had us test some stuff out. If it weren't for the ridiculous things that happened then in testing I would have never rolled a character on Zek to try PvP when the game went live, but I did. I created my character, entered the game, and was immediately punched in the face and killed by a monk. He then sent me a tell, welcomed me to the server, and we laughed about it. Later he and his friends helped me get organized a bit and they killed me some more. That was my introduction to MMO PvP and it help set the stage since then in how I approach it. There is no such thing as a fair fight, there is always room for a thicker skin, and there's no place for hard feelings if you're trying to have fun.

I zoned in at the ferry in Cap one day and there was an MM there dancing with his pets. So I had my pets start emoting. Soon we were emoting off of each other. Another MM and a couple of other people showed up and we all just sat there for about an hour goofing off before everyone went their own way. I was a lot of fun. I think the only thing close to that I've experienced in other games were impromptu music concerts in LotRO.