Author Topic: Star Wars: Rogue One  (Read 10108 times)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Star Wars: Rogue One
« on: April 07, 2016, 09:56:56 PM »
New teaser trailer finally posted today. Can't say I'm not excited about this.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 09:58:16 PM »
This looks like it could be pretty fun  -and I'm glad that the actress playing Mon Mothma got another chance after her scenes in RotS were cut - her casting is just perfect.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 11:34:15 PM »
Mark Hamill hate-staring the camera down at the end was kind of unnerving...
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 11:37:32 PM »
Also: Forest Whitaker? Hallelujah! I love that man. (I have avoided literally anything about this movie. I had no idea.)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 12:01:57 AM »
In my opinion it looks far better the ep.7
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 12:41:22 AM »
Mark Hamill hate-staring the camera down at the end was kind of unnerving...
Looks like he's about to try to kill Batman.

The actual video is kinda funny, though.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 02:52:41 AM »
In my opinion it looks far better the ep.7

I liked episode 7, but... this does look like it could be really good without being quite so obvious about pushing nostalgia buttons.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 06:43:51 PM »
I liked episode 7, but... this does look like it could be really good without being quite so obvious about pushing nostalgia buttons.

To me it looks like Rogue One could be the Winter Soldier to the Force Awakens' The Avengers.  And I don't think its a coincidence both franchises fall under the Disney umbrella.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 09:27:47 PM »
That is how I see it, if they made an original movie and kept the same characters I might have liked it soooo much more then I do now. Episode 7 really did not need to be a remake of episode 4. :(
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 09:36:27 PM »
Was sorely lacking in Bothan deaths but looked way better than ep 7 at least.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 10:30:44 PM »
Was sorely lacking in Bothan deaths but looked way better than ep 7 at least.

Were Bothan deaths required?  My memory is admittedly fuzzy, but I thought they died getting plans for the second Death Star...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 11:27:08 PM »
prolly was second death star. i can't exactly keep my mon mothma scenes straight.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 06:32:16 PM »
Bothian deaths was for the 2nd not the first, or at least from what we know.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 06:38:04 PM »

Looks like it does plenty of button-pushing, but in a different way.

Some Hollywood types seem to think that catering to nostalgia means that in order to make Star Wars, it absolutely must have a Death Star, a Sith Lord, and someone with Skywalker blood, when all it really needs to do "feel" like it's in the same universe.

And I agree that this looks like it could be better than Episode 7. Maybe not as epic, but still better.

And I also agree, there should be a Bothan. As a primary character. Bothans were almost definitely used to recover the original DS plans (unless they hadn't joined the Alliance yet). Bothans are used for spy work because they're insanely good at it.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 07:01:30 PM »

And I also agree, there should be a Bothan. As a primary character. Bothans were almost definitely used to recover the original DS plans (unless they hadn't joined the Alliance yet). Bothans are used for spy work because they're insanely good at it.

So maybe there were Bothans in the trailer, they were just being all incognito.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 02:52:08 AM »
This movie has to be better than episode 7 as there is less room to "freelance" the story.  We know where this has to end up.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 03:10:03 AM »

That never made any sense to me. An entire race of spies?

If they really are genetically predisposed to intelligence work, why would any sane Imperial officer not just shoot any Bothan on sight given how xenophobic the leadership of the Empire was anyway?

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2016, 01:08:35 PM »
If they really are genetically predisposed to intelligence work, why would any sane Imperial officer not just shoot any Bothan on sight given how xenophobic the leadership of the Empire was anyway?
Two reasons:

1. You think they're working for you
2. You never saw them due to their mission impossible-fu!  ;)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 05:26:28 PM »
That never made any sense to me. An entire race of spies?

Maybe they did, and after about, oh, the thirtieth one was disintegrated the rebels were like "hey maybe we should send someone that the Empire won't just kill instantly to try to get information on the new Death Star" and when they succeeded Mon Mothma head desked and was like "do you know how many Bothans died before you guys figured that out?"

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 06:22:54 PM »
Heh, that could certainly be possible. Though, given that the Bothan line was in Return of the Jedi and was about the plans for the second death star, it could also be excused as the Emperor revealed that the information leaked out intentionally in order to provoke the rebels into committing their entire fleet to an all-out assault.

It still seems like poor strategy on the rebellion's part to employ the services of such well-known spies in any event.

Given that the whole "all Bothans are spies" thing is an EU extrapolation and not backed up by any on-screen evidence, Mon Mothma's comment could also be construed to imply that the Bothans were not normally spies, but a collaborator race firmly on the side of the Empire. In that case, the few Bothans loyal to the rebellion would be in a prime position to pass on sensitive information.