Author Topic: 1.0 not acknowledging client folder  (Read 2618 times)

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
1.0 not acknowledging client folder
« on: April 01, 2016, 10:15:14 PM »
I run paragonchat.exe Which is in my i24beta folder just like I have before and I get the window asking me to choose the client folder or search. When I click "choose folder" it doesn't see it. The exhaustive search doesn't find it either. But it's right there! So here's my question - When I installed i24beta I copied everything into "C:\CoH Icon" instead of "C:\City of Heroes". Could the name of the client folder be the problem even if the all the client sub-folders and files are inside it?

Running Windows 7 Pro. I'm only running MS Security Essentials and I have disabled it and rebooted already.

PS - I changed the folder name to "C:\City of Heroes" but it still tells me "The location you chose is not a valid Issue 24 installation"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:26:08 PM by Floride »
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

DoctorEvilface

• Underling
Re: 1.0 not acknowledging client folder
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 11:22:30 PM »
I was having that problem yesterday as well. I ended up having to completely delete my i24 folder and redownload the files again. It worked well enough to let me update the launcher, but now it keeps giving me a "Some Critical Issue 24 Files Could Not Be Found" even though they're all right there where they should be...
Steam: Doctor Evilface / TheCapeRadio: DoctorEvilface / Paragon Chat: Wildfire / Cryptic Handle: @doctorevilface

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 11:40:55 PM »
I think I fixed it. I found my old cityofheroes.exe file, the one I made as a back up before using a hex editor to re-establish audio. The hex-editted cityofheroes.exe is apparently "corrupted" when you hex-edit it to re-establish audio.
Confirmed. I'm now in Atlas.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 02:04:55 AM »
I was just about to ask that -- it's why I posted the heads-up in the thread for the demoplay fix a few days ago. The way that PC 1.0 hooks into the client depends on it being exactly the version that is expected, so hex editing parts of it change the signature of the file and cause it not to be usable.

The best solution is to call your hex edited version something else, like CohDemoplay.exe or something.