Paragon Chat > Technical Support

Official Bug Thread

<< < (2/18) > >>

Codewalker:

--- Quote from: crashpositron on March 31, 2016, 08:50:19 PM ---I went into 1.0, picked a toon and went into CoX, no problem.  Exited back to login, typed in a new account name: 'crashtest2'.  Character list was of course empty. Named character, picked origin, blaster, fire blaster, 2nd set fire manipulation, clicked NEXT
PChat crashed completely - no error, no warning. CoX is closed. No PChat tray item. Rebooted PC, went in, did same thing, same result.

--- End quote ---

I believe I have this tracked down. While skipping the server select screen doesn't cause any problems when moving forward through the pages, it seems that the 'back' button on that screen resets some internal state that is used by the character select / creation page.

If any characters exist on the account, it doesn't matter because the state gets initialized in order to display the preview. However if you first log into an account with characters on it, then back out to the login screen, then go to an account with no characters and try to create one, it ends up using a player structure that has no costumes allocated. That causes a client crash upon trying to use the body or costume tab.

Should be fixed in the next patch.

crashpositron:
Thankies CW

freewaydog:
My Paragon Chat was working fine last night, right?  WELL, more than frustratingly enough, look what happened here:

WHERE is this "issue 24" & where can I download it?  Did I have it before?  How did it disappear?

Aggelakis:
That's the new user experience. Did you proceed past that page by either having PC search or by manually browsing, as stated on the screen?

LaughingAlex:
Randomly, people will become unable to see a specific persons local text no matter what is done.  Restarting the program or even the entire computer does not work as it generally just re-applies itself immedietly after the person restarts.

It doesn't stop once it happens in pocket D, I had noticed.

This bug seriously needs fixed as it's the single most disruptive I've ever seen.

Edit: It's still happening to me in Pocket D, it seems to start happening to someone in a zone and then never stops re-occuring in the zone for that player for some reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version