Author Topic: Paragon Chat 1.0  (Read 108262 times)

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 1.0
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2016, 01:05:47 AM »
/usecelshader 0

All is working, thanks for the advice!

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2016, 01:20:06 AM »

Good fun! Thanks!

EnsignMinneapolis

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2016, 02:07:26 AM »
Not working, the client tries to look up my character database and doesn't work. Gonna try uninstalling and re-installing everything...

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2016, 02:17:58 AM »
Not working, the client tries to look up my character database and doesn't work. Gonna try uninstalling and re-installing everything...

Before you do that can you elaborate on what "doesn't work" means? That might help determine if it's really a local problem or not.

EnsignMinneapolis

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2016, 02:56:35 AM »
It's the Database. It says what the guy in the previous post said, but his fix doesn't work.

Well more it's saying there's no information now and it's trying to find 0.99... but nothing. IT won't let me into Paragon Chat anymore now.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2016, 03:05:33 AM »
You mean you're seeing the database management that Tahquitz was?

That is only supposed to come up if you hold control when you click the Login button.

EnsignMinneapolis

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2016, 03:08:24 AM »
I'm doing no such thing.

And it just brings up a window that has a *0.99 button on it and a character account selection screen... and now I got nothing TO select as I removed everything and re-installed everything.

In fact this whole thing is loused up now. How do I do a completely clean install?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2016, 03:10:01 AM »
A clean install won't fix that, that's why I was trying to tell you not to delete your database... Sigh, I'll have to move the check for that somewhere else since the key state is apparently messed up on some people's machines.

EnsignMinneapolis

• Underling
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2016, 03:13:18 AM »
so how do I fix this so it works again?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2016, 03:19:48 AM »
Try it now.

EnsignMinneapolis

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2016, 03:22:50 AM »
There we go!

Secret322

• Underling
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2016, 05:12:11 AM »
I'm having trouble with 1.0.
The new launcher is not recognizing the client I used with the previous version of Paragon Chat.

Does anyone have a download link for Issue 24 Beta that I could try on a brand new copy? The SaveCOH torrent no longer seems to work.

JadeFalcon

• Minion
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2016, 05:18:16 AM »
Everything seems to be working fine, except the front end music doesn't play at all anymore.

I duplicated the registry entries for graphics and sound from the Cryptic\COH key to the ParagonChat\Client key because it was pretty messed up (was only getting like 5 fps), but there's still no music on the login/character select screens.

I'm having trouble with 1.0.
The new launcher is not recognizing the client I used with the previous version of Paragon Chat.

Does anyone have a download link for Issue 24 Beta that I could try on a brand new copy? The SaveCOH torrent no longer seems to work.

Have you modified your cityofheroes.exe to fix demo sound playback? If so, you'll need to restore your backup copy of the file. I had the same problem, but restoring the file worked.

Secret322

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2016, 05:31:54 AM »
I have not modified my cityofheroes.exe file to fix demo sound playback.

Everything seems to be working fine, except the front end music doesn't play at all anymore.

I duplicated the registry entries for graphics and sound from the Cryptic\COH key to the ParagonChat\Client key because it was pretty messed up (was only getting like 5 fps), but there's still no music on the login/character select screens.

Have you modified your cityofheroes.exe to fix demo sound playback? If so, you'll need to restore your backup copy of the file. I had the same problem, but restoring the file worked.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2016, 09:59:17 AM »
I notice sometimes when I take the Train to a zone I haven't yet played in ver 1.0
my char is not seen and all menu's disappear,, Just an extreme close-up of the floor or wall is all I can see.
mouse can only zoom in-out..No other functions work.

I have to end the game, and re-load CoH...Re-take the train to get to the Zone, and I make it there FINE....Seems to be only on zones I haven't visited yet. Once I retake the Train to that same zone, it doesn't happen again...I suppose I could test to see if it happens on the rest of the zones...

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 07:01:01 PM »
On my main toon "Floride" Everyone's global appears above their heads. Bug? Feature? Alien Conspiracy?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 04:11:04 AM by Floride »
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Fighting Blaze

• Prom King 2017
  • Underling
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2016, 08:09:37 PM »
This is amazing to be sure, but you messed with my menu system, now I can't port to anywhere or have any costume animations anymore. This is a sad day for me.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2016, 02:27:18 AM »
This is amazing to be sure, but you messed with my menu system, now I can't port to anywhere or have any costume animations anymore. This is a sad day for me.
quickchat.exe
download and run it to fix the port/emote menu
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2016, 09:55:23 PM »
I'm using Avast as my virus-protection software, and up until today it's had no problem running Paragon Chat.  But today when I tried to open PC, using the new 1.0 interface, Avast claimed the ParagonChatClient.exe file was infected with Win32 Malware-gen, and quarantined the PC-exe file.

Has anyone else run into this?

asdjol

• Underling
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2016, 10:07:02 PM »
I'm using Avast as my virus-protection software, and up until today it's had no problem running Paragon Chat.  But today when I tried to open PC, using the new 1.0 interface, Avast claimed the ParagonChatClient.exe file was infected with Win32 Malware-gen, and quarantined the PC-exe file.

Has anyone else run into this?

I have, and I was going to ask you guys about this as well. I recently downloaded Tequila and let it run in the background. While Titan Icon works almost flawlessly (my heroine can't run straight as she tends to run a bit to her left), I couldn't run Paragon Chat. The chat itself told me to consult the forum while my antivirus software terminated the application, claiming it has a crackgen.

What should we do?