Author Topic: Lore AMA: 2016 Edition! (Bonus reddit BABs AMA!)  (Read 17305 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Lore AMA: 2016 Edition! (Answers have been posted!)
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 08:21:15 AM »
To be fair, we didn't publicize it as much as we should have, things have been a bit crazy.  I'll have to buy a new tire iron and go visit Eabrace...
Yeah, sadly, Titan is blocked at work and I didn't notice it was up until late that night.  My bad.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 04:19:13 PM »
Doc was open for a full 24 hours.

Oh, I assumed it was only open from when your tweet was sent in the afternoon, until 7 the next morning. Either way, thanks for doing it, and getting Dr. Aeon on board too!

I'm not sure that there will be another one, given the turnout. And the amount of questions has dropped every year. I almost wonder if someone should just find old developers and interview them separately, but that presents a certain amount of problems on its own.

What sort of publicity would Titan Network have done?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 08:48:13 PM »
Yes - the doc was only open for half a day.

Huh. I don't recall that being mentioned in previous AMAs - I thought it was a personal story arc.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted#27

It's called a "sig" story there - that's why I didn't pick it up when I searched for "signature" and "SSA" to make sure my question hadn't been asked. Wah wah waaaaaaah.

Either way, you can see bits of the cutscenes that would have been used for it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dVlNA1SMM

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 09:04:01 PM »
Either way, you can see bits of the cutscenes that would have been used for it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dVlNA1SMM

:o :o :o :o :o
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 11:03:47 PM »
What sort of publicity would Titan Network have done?
For starters, I would have started getting word on Facebook and Twitter out much earlier in the day.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2016, 12:10:42 AM »
I'm not sure that there will be another one, given the turnout. And the amount of questions has dropped every year. I almost wonder if someone should just find old developers and interview them separately, but that presents a certain amount of problems on its own.

Far be it from me to want to make any shenanigans about it, but Posi did say in the doc, "While I'd like to keep doing these, I will tell you that if Sean's not here to save my bacon next year, these are going to get a lot more boring." It sounds like his heart's still in it, but there's not much left to do without his colleagues' and fans' help.

I think it'd be great if fans hit up some of the other developers; but, trust me on this one:
  • Make it clear you're not just chit-chatting, that you're interviewing them, and you plan to post their comments to an audience.
  • Ask if they'd like you to run your post/article by them before posting.
  • Don't use the Titan Forums for any of that before running it by TonyV and/or eabrace.
It certainly was a short doc this year, but you know what? I found the questions and answers a lot more interesting than I expected them to be. There were a few BIG plot points cleared up and revealed this time, all of which I had questions about when the game closed. I'm glad Posi came back for another round, despite any inconvenience this thing causes him.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 01:27:22 AM »
Back Alley Brawler is doing an AMA on reddit. I'm on my phone, so it's inconvenient to post the link, but I'll get to it. Titan's Facebook has it.The replies about CoH from his username are days apart, so it seems like you could ask at leisure.

Edit: Links in OP.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:41:20 AM by Felderburg »