Author Topic: What were your favourite animations?  (Read 3918 times)

Pyromantic

• New Efforts # 16,000!
  • Boss
What were your favourite animations?
« on: February 18, 2016, 03:46:04 PM »
As the title says.

I always thought that Soul Storm looked amazing.

Knockout Blow was extremely memorable--I can still see it.

And, as for entire sets, I loved Stone Melee.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: What were your favourite animations?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 12:37:02 AM »
As the title says.

I always thought that Soul Storm looked amazing.

Knockout Blow was extremely memorable--I can still see it.

And, as for entire sets, I loved Stone Melee.

Knockout was a good one.

There was another big punch animation that they changed to like a two handed one and that was a big let down.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 03:45:40 AM »
I loved Total Focus. It felt like you had gone into "cinematic epic slow-time" as you jump-reached up and slammed back down. *kisses fingers* Perfecto!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 04:52:44 AM »
Soul Storm was my favorite. But I made a grav troller named Crazy Junkyard Guy (Liberty, lvl 50) for the sole purpose of littering the streets of Paragon with [Propel]. It remained his main attack even as an incarnate.
Honorable mention: Though not a player animation, watching Snaptooth toss a gnome on someone's head [Gnome Toss] that sat there pounding a hero's head with a hammer was amusing EVERY time.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 05:31:53 AM »
Stone Spears was one I liked.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 05:39:56 AM »
Everything from the Dual Blades set.  Always felt like dancing.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Pyromantic

• New Efforts # 16,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 01:12:56 PM »
Soul Storm was my favorite. But I made a grav troller named Crazy Junkyard Guy (Liberty, lvl 50) for the sole purpose of littering the streets of Paragon with [Propel]. It remained his main attack even as an incarnate.
Honorable mention: Though not a player animation, watching Snaptooth toss a gnome on someone's head [Gnome Toss] that sat there pounding a hero's head with a hammer was amusing EVERY time.

I have to give you bonus points for Snaptooth.  I'd forgotten that one; thanks for the reminder!

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 03:00:30 PM »
Eagle's Claw

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 04:45:50 AM »
Spinning Strike - that meaty thunk when you hit something thrilled me every time

Balince

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 04:42:25 PM »
I used to love spines, the animations, the noises. Still today I try to find abilities that have the same idea on other games. Quills was awesome, spine burst, ripper..god I miss it.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 06:33:26 PM »
Crane Kick, Eagle's Claw, Rib Cracker and Spirit Shark Jaws were my favorites.  Also the Ninja Blade, Assassin's Strike was fantastic where the animation crouches down low with the blade drawn far back in preparation for a lunging stab.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 08:28:26 PM »
/em discodance

My single most memorable moment in the game came a few days after seeing someone appear during the cutscene in the LGTF where the Clockwork King appears, they got stuck in the background and no one in my normal gaming group knew that would happen.

So, a few days later we have someone running the NPC to the door to trigger the cutscene, everyone else fighting the ambuses, and the runner is about to Team Teleport everyone to kill the Clockwork King. Standard practice. Except I decided to sneak off, going dead silent in Skype, and stand where the King is going to spawn, center as best as I could from memory, and do /em discodance. Everyone died. With laughter, though some did die in game because they just completely stopped fighting they were laughing so hard.

I would never claim to be the first to do this, because I seriously doubt it, but I was the first any of our group ever saw, or the PUGs we had, and it became pretty popular not long after.

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 01:14:54 PM »
Jump Kick was considered rather useless but I still fit it into some of my scrapper/stalker builds because I liked seeing it in action.