Author Topic: Deadpool  (Read 7697 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Deadpool
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 02:28:32 AM »
It's funny how the first Deadpool in Origins is exactly opposite of what makes him great - a wise cracking talker.

Who thought that was a good idea to make that Deadpool basically the Super Skrull.

Which is why most Fox Marvel films fail - except of course this one.

Maybe they learned a lesson this time and the NEXT FF reboot movie will get it right.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 03:46:43 AM »
It's funny how the first Deadpool in Origins is exactly opposite of what makes him great - a wise cracking talker.

Who thought that was a good idea to make that Deadpool basically the Super Skrull.

Which is why most Fox Marvel films fail - except of course this one.

Maybe they learned a lesson this time and the NEXT FF reboot movie will get it right.

Nah.  The next FF film will have sex scenes between Reed and Sue, and between Ben and Alicia.  Johnny will burn villains alive and make jokes to the camera as they run around screaming.  And Doom will use twin pistols.  This is Fox we are talking about.  They will completely miss the reason why Deadpool is popular and will attempt to graft all its features onto other superhero movies.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 05:50:03 AM »
Hell, if FOX had allegedly gotten their way without a gratuitous battle being waged on Deadpool's behalf, it wouldn't even have been made.  And even then, it apparently was quite the struggle to get FOX to let it be made properly.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2016, 01:37:59 PM »
Finally saw Deadpool, it was laugh out loud funny and not as violent as I was expecting.

I had one question about the timing of events.  It seemed like Colossus knew Wade, but where did they meet for the first time?  I got the impression that after Wade's escape, he went directly to tracking down Francis, but when Colossus showed up at the highway chase, they seemed to know each other.  Wade seemed to know who the X-Men were and where their home was.  When did they meet for the first time?

Maybe my memory is incorrect and I should watch it again.  Does anyone else have a clearer memory?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2016, 10:06:29 PM »
Deadpool's known the X-men practically since his debut, but asking for a coherent timeline for Deadpool doesn't really work at all since his history is constantly retconned and the book's constantly riffing on comic continuity (or the lack thereof) - e.g. his daughter was the result of an affair he had in an issue that had him teaming (not through time travel either) with full on blaxploitation/kung fu Power Man and Iron Fist in the 70s, yet she was still a kid in the 2010's.

As far as the movies go I guess we're to assume anyone based in NY who makes as much of a mess as Deadpool would run into the X-men at some point.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2016, 01:36:32 AM »
And just over two hours till the digital version I preordered is available.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2016, 05:40:02 AM »
I had one question about the timing of events. 

Colossus mentioned they previously tried to recruit Deadpool to be an X-men. Near the end of the movie, DP says it was a rough 2 years to Vanessa so there was a considerable amount of time between flashbacks and present day.  Deadpool looking for Francis was a lot longer than the 5 minutes shown on screen, his crazy wall sort of indicates this as well.