Author Topic: Legion? Really?  (Read 2925 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Legion? Really?
« on: February 05, 2016, 08:53:54 AM »
Fx is evidently working on a Legion series. Not Legion of Superheroes. Not Legion of Doom. Marvel's Legion, who has always been crappy (unless he magically became cool in the last year and a half that I've not read any X-books. and that seems unlikely since Marvel was downplaying the X-books until very recently.)

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/04/legion-casts-dan-stevens-aubrey-plaza-jean-smart

It being from the Fargo producer and on Fx gives a glimmer of hope, but still. I could see this being kind of cool if they went with the 'one super power at a time based on which personality is dominant' version of him, though that should have been cool in the comics and never actually worked out that way. Seems more likely to cause camel paralysis.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Legion? Really?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 06:04:13 PM »
Fx is evidently working on a Legion series. Not Legion of Superheroes. Not Legion of Doom. Marvel's Legion, who has always been crappy (unless he magically became cool in the last year and a half that I've not read any X-books. and that seems unlikely since Marvel was downplaying the X-books until very recently.)

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/04/legion-casts-dan-stevens-aubrey-plaza-jean-smart

It being from the Fargo producer and on Fx gives a glimmer of hope, but still. I could see this being kind of cool if they went with the 'one super power at a time based on which personality is dominant' version of him, though that should have been cool in the comics and never actually worked out that way. Seems more likely to cause camel paralysis.

Why? Of all the things they could do for TV. Why this?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 08:33:43 PM »
I didn't know what character you were talking about, so I looked it up on Wikipedia and I still don't know much more than he apparently has crazy blue Guile hair.  If I ever read about this character before I don't remember it.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 08:39:11 PM »
Repression would be welcome in this instance :D

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 10:23:28 PM »
I didn't know what character you were talking about, so I looked it up on Wikipedia and I still don't know much more than he apparently has crazy blue Guile hair.  If I ever read about this character before I don't remember it.

I remember him being the cause of the Age of Magneto in the comics. He traveled back in time to kill Magneto but killed Xavier instead and changed the entire future. (Until of course it got fixed)

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 11:08:17 PM »
Age of Apocalypse... Magneto just ran the X-Men ;)

Also, I would've really prefered X-Factor (Investigations) over this.
Oh well, I guess we'll see how Legion fares. Maybe it won't be that bad.
Maybe.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 04:05:36 AM »
Age of Apocalypse... Magneto just ran the X-Men ;)

Also, I would've really prefered X-Factor (Investigations) over this.
Oh well, I guess we'll see how Legion fares. Maybe it won't be that bad.
Maybe.

I realized after a while I got it wrong. Like DC - I lose track of all their alternate stuff and Crisisesesses.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 03:19:18 PM »
I wonder if CW could do a LSH show. But they would probably funk around with all the heroes and costumes and whatnots.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 05:17:20 AM »
I wonder if CW could do a LSH show. But they would probably funk around with all the heroes and costumes and whatnots.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Well in the latest Flash episode when they travel to Earth 2 one of the visions in the tunnel is a Legion flight ring.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 02:25:41 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Well in the latest Flash episode when they travel to Earth 2 one of the visions in the tunnel is a Legion flight ring.
Spoiler for Hidden:
I think the guy in the cell with the mask is Ferro Lad. So we might see some of the Legion after all.