Author Topic: Star Trek Online  (Read 273708 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Star Trek Online
« Reply #900 on: November 21, 2019, 03:38:23 PM »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #901 on: February 12, 2020, 12:49:13 AM »
STO is good at polish and here is another fine example..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11363953

I haven't tried this yet but look forward to never having to transfer ships around, and all the hassle that process entails, to use them for Admiralty.

I like that we don't have to run around and collect Omega Particles this year!! That is so not fun for me. This year we get some choices and I always choose the TFO which is where I'm always at in STO anyway, in TFOs, so yay, because I want the ship's goodies.

And yay that they keep updating the Art. STO is always getting a little better (except that time they killed the Foundry..).
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #902 on: February 27, 2020, 03:36:07 PM »
Some Faves:

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #903 on: February 27, 2020, 03:51:28 PM »
... Running Admiralty was one of the only reasons I still logged in at all.  Nice to know I won't have to even do that anymore.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #904 on: February 27, 2020, 04:26:36 PM »
Haven't been playing regularly for awhile either. I did just get the 10th anniversary ship with the nice looking Starship Trait and for yet another account bound piece of AP newbie twink gear. It was great to be able to run a TFO daily for progress instead of having to run around and farm Omega Particles.

I still like STO, just got sucked into a new game. When I stopped playing regularly STO was still improving on what I thought was already a perfectly fine game.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #905 on: March 06, 2020, 11:48:11 PM »
... Running Admiralty was one of the only reasons I still logged in at all.  Nice to know I won't have to even do that anymore.

So what got you out of STO?

For me, I finally get to try Neverwinter so I've been doing that. But STO was/is just getting better and getting more luv. I still play farm it a little but trying to get higher on the NW DPS charts and making NW newbs still has my attention.

So why'd You leave? Get into something else, too? Just curious.
Some Faves:

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #906 on: March 10, 2020, 04:42:20 PM »
Well, for one thing, CoH came back, and so there wasn't a MMO void I was trying to fill....

For another, though, I kinda just got all I wanted out of it.  I don't want to make more characters, none of the new ships interest me, and all of the new missions are based on TV shows I never watched (or can't watch).

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #907 on: March 10, 2020, 06:01:31 PM »
Well, for one thing, CoH came back, and so there wasn't a MMO void I was trying to fill....

At first I had an OH DUH moment but now I have to ask, is it back - back, now? Or is it still Contraband that we can sorta talk about but not really but we should but we won't because of Paragraph 12, subset 24 of the Pirate's Code?
Some Faves:

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #908 on: March 10, 2020, 06:24:34 PM »
I don't know about the rules on discussing it here, but I can play it (and have been) for a while now, so it's "back" enough for me.  :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #909 on: March 11, 2020, 12:09:31 AM »
Well grats. That's good news.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #910 on: March 17, 2020, 04:38:04 PM »
I know I'm behind on my TV and all that, but, I just did some investigative study on Star Trek: Enterprise that I found interesting and thought I'd share.

As far as I can tell, T'Pol didn't have a boob (reduction) job ~ the beginning of season 3... Apparently it was just a costume change and they simply removed the thick koozies that she didn't really need.

I mean, you really couldn't miss them in the first episodes. They.. had a prominent role all their own. Curiosity *finally* got me as to why their... prominence would be diminished. I was happy to learn that ... apparently .. it was just a change in costume to something much less padded.

We may be slow, here, in the ol' STO thread, but, eventually, you learn all the important stuff. You can't tell me you didn't notice the difference..
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #911 on: March 18, 2020, 03:12:15 PM »
It's kinda late to mention this (halfway into the first of 3 events), but (I have enough of the old event tokens for a Buyout - maybe you do too), the current Event chain is the only time I can remember STO giving out Lobi. 1k worth, which, is, enough to trade for a good toy or two that can only be bought with Lobi.

Some Faves:

Power Arc X

• Minion
« Reply #912 on: March 24, 2020, 01:47:06 AM »
I logged onto STO last week while a CoH Homecoming  was downloading  a patch. I played for about an hour just refining  my dil for my 2 accounts  there. I only log in every  2 months or so to keep  active status on my fleets.
I'm  just to busy playing  CoH. I'm now  up to 30 lvl  50's. You should  give it a try Xev.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #913 on: March 24, 2020, 05:35:42 AM »
I'm  just to busy playing  CoH. I'm now  up to 30 lvl  50's. You should  give it a try Xev.

I've been busy playing stuff I've been wanting to play, too.. I'd waited years to finally play the remake of the first Internet game I ever played (NWN) and I'm just now getting my first 2 Neverwinter level 80 toons to play halfway respectably and nice toys are finally dropping for them. STO still manages to get me to log in long enough for toys/lewt I can't pass up. I did spend some years playing the game before CoH made a comeback and I have some nice toons there, too, sooo, that would be a shame to abandon completely.

And.. there are only so many hours in the day, and, I don't know how to download the client and get it working - which, is something I had hoped would eventually become.. less of a secret and more of a thing we could openly discuss, here, instead of it being a thing we 'all' not only know how to do, but have already done for ourselves, but, we can't talk about it..kinda thing

But, yeah, I've been thinking about it. There's been nearly as many people online, here, as there was after the shutdown (the recordholder), and, well, it's still around.

Wait. 30 new level 50's? lol nice.. : )
Some Faves:

Power Arc X

• Minion
« Reply #914 on: March 24, 2020, 04:44:29 PM »
Just go to the CoH Homecoming  Forums. There is a guide to help you set up an account  and download  the  game. You can go to YouTube  and search coh homecoming. Positive  Gamer has a video  showing  how to do that also.
There are a few videos out there.
Neverwinter  Nights, is that the game from 2001 by Atari  that had the option to go online ? I played that up to where I  had to find a key and open a certain  door  I believe  in Luskan but was never able to open the door. I  think it lead to the sewers or something  like that. I still have the guidebook  for the game.
 Well I'm glad you're  having  fun with whatever  game you're  playing  that's  all that really  matters.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #915 on: March 24, 2020, 07:50:12 PM »
Neverwinter  Nights, is that the game from 2001 by Atari  that had the option to go online ?

I forgot that awhile back I had a hard time finding info on the original online version of Neverwinter Nights too.

This is the one I'm talking about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights_(1991_video_game)

I am very proud to say that I was one of the people that played this game and I played it from the very first day it was available on PC. (They charged by.. the minute.. and my monthly bills averaged ~ $500...way back then... in the Midwest (relatively low pay)). I forget the service who first offered the game (I want to say CompuServe *reads wiki* oh yeah... AOL...) but I distinctly remember that they didn't originally support DOS/IBM compatible based PCs and that I had to wait. At the time I worked at a software store and most of my 8 hours a day were spent either with my nose in gaming magazines or talking to customers about games/gaming machines (best job ever) so I can say with a fairly confident amount of certainty that NWN was the first (DOS/IBM..) graphical online mmorpg due to PC games was my thing and if there would have been anything out sooner I woulda read or been told about it and been on it. 

I love to tell that story, so... thanks.

Well I'm glad you're  having  fun with whatever  game you're  playing  that's  all that really  matters.

I am. I do. I always do. Its become the one constant in my universe. Thanks again.

Having said all that, your original point is valid (why aren't I playing) and my excuse stands: its just not convenient at this point. It's a good sign/encouraging that so many people are visiting the wiki lately and that Homecoming hasn't got shutdown or otherwise poofed yet. I'm jealous of the first people who started playing again.

You know what something else is, too.. I don't get very close at all to anyone online for the most part since awhile due to reasons, and, if I was playing CoH... humm.. that would seem... like a ... less acceptable thing to me and I have enough guilt lately already. tbh with the tmi  : )

Anyway, cool on you that you looked up Neverwinter Nights and I appreciate the prod to play CoH again. I've been thinking about what I'm missing out on for awhile. It's a miracle it's even back.

P.S.

Hey Ukase, you got your Universe back. I think about our conversation we had before the shutdown, all the time.

I hope he's back in the game and maybe even found something else to shine in during the wait.
Some Faves:

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #916 on: March 25, 2020, 05:28:01 AM »
If anyone is interested in getting tier 1-4 on account. Should do it tomorrow, this week they will be switched from zen (account) to dilith (character).
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #917 on: March 25, 2020, 01:35:03 PM »
Hummm.. I know it's early morning and all but I dunno what that means?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ohhhh!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11394603

Hey, that is good news. Damn that they didn't include t5 (ships). I woulda got a Kumari.

They really needed to do something like this and even more steps towards making lower tiered ships more attractive would be welcome. Ever since they made it to where you could fly a T6 straight out of the tutorial... I lost nearly all interest in lower tiered ships - and that's a lotta ships.

Hummm maybe it's good they don't have to worry about Admiralty dil farmers anymore, huh? I was just thinking of all the Admiralty ships that just became more easily available.

Anyway, cool! Thanks. I totally missed that. I'm surprised they didn't advertise it more - I saw a blub about it by accident when I logged on just now.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 03:12:47 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #918 on: April 03, 2020, 02:17:01 PM »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #919 on: April 09, 2020, 03:16:06 PM »
It's a good day for console: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11409123-pc-and-console-patch-notes-for-4%2F9%2F20

Those larger stacks are nice. I would have liked to have had them when I was tradeskilling daily. STO has a nice and perfectly functional Tradeskilling system, but... it could use refinement. Larger component stacks is a good step. Favorite recipes would be good... Being able to sort what you have/have left for sale would be good... I forget what else was unnecessarily tedious. 

T5 ships for (a not punishing amount of) Dil?? humm.. I missed a memo somewhere. I thought it was just t1-t4. Wing cannons here I come. When I start playing again. Neverwinter still has me pulled in. Good stuff tho, STO. As ever.
Some Faves: