Author Topic: Space Engineers for Base Building?  (Read 2166 times)

damienray

• Lieutenant
Space Engineers for Base Building?
« on: December 23, 2015, 07:09:57 PM »
Just saw that Space Engineers is on sale through Steam. Was wondering if anyone here has tried this game. My main focus would be to do some Base Building. I miss just wasting hours tinkering with my CoH base. Any feedback is welcome.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
Re: Space Engineers for Base Building?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 07:32:45 PM »
Space Engineers is an enjoyable "Minecraft with spaceships" kinda' game with quite a few mods that add various blocks (some are useful, others are aesthetic), skyboxes, and scripts (add stuff to gameplay). You can play it as either a survival game or as a building sandbox. There are three categories of things that can be built (determines what blocks can be used and how big they'll big), small ships, large ships, and stations. My one gripe with the game is that the enemy AI on ships isn't particularly impressive (I haven't played since the planet update, so no idea how the alien ai is). If you are so inclined, you can also do some crazy cool stuff with sensors and timers, such as create rudimentary AI drones and automate various stuff.

Some screenshots since I like screenshots:

Spoiler for Hidden:

Edit: Just a heads up, your computer will need to be capable of running direct x 11 well to play on planets.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 01:09:46 AM by FlyingCarcass »

damienray

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 07:54:41 PM »
Thank you for the feedback, and the pics!  Right now just lost in Creative mode. Loving all the mods and options.  My base in space is going to be epic! :)

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 11:20:55 PM »
Be sure to share screenshots of your own creations, it's always neat seeing what other folks have built.