Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 5156 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Star Citizen
« on: December 20, 2015, 09:18:31 PM »
For a long time, I've wished that space-flight games would let me land and take off for myself, bypassing the ALTO system, as I call it (Automated Landing & Take-Off). From a recent Star Citizen video ("Star Citizen - 1st seamless procedural planetary landing gameplay" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5XSiww9ZO4), it looks like Chris Roberts, who brought us Freelancer and the Wing Commander series, will be granting my wish! And the graphics look amazing! I'm really looking forward to this game!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:04:12 PM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 10:07:58 PM »
Sounds like it'll be pretty cool when it launches in 2037!

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 12:48:20 AM »
Sounds like it'll be pretty cool when it launches in 2037!

Won't we be driving our Flying Low-Orbital Rocket Car by then?

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 05:05:53 AM »
Won't we be driving our Flying Low-Orbital Rocket Car by then?

No no no, that's not until 2063, and we'll have to go through maybe 1 or 2 world wars, and make first contact with an alien race first.

indiramourning

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 04:23:56 PM »
No no no, that's not until 2063, and we'll have to go through maybe 1 or 2 world wars, and make first contact with an alien race first.
Wait!  Isn't 1 world war enough?  We need 2?  Gah!   :-\

I'm keeping an eye on Star Citizen as well.  I was playing Chris Robert's games in the early 1990's.  He's always been a hero of mine  ;D

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 05:14:44 AM »
Wait!  Isn't 1 world war enough?  We need 2?  Gah!   :-\

Only one war would be, illogical.

(Honestly though, my Star Trek history is a little fuzzy, so I'm not sure how many wars took place leading up to first contact with the Vulcans...)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 03:52:59 AM »
The Eugenics Wars and World War 3 are generally regarded as separate but related events. Historical records do get fuzzy though.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 03:14:25 PM »
The Eugenics Wars and World War 3 are generally regarded as separate but related events. Historical records do get fuzzy though.

That's because they keep jumping around and mucking up the timestream.

Don't forget the Marine Wars which started when the US blamed China for the unexplainable disappearance of two of the last few remaining Humpback Whales... 

Power Play

• Minion
  • Liberty Eagle-Virtue/Power Play-Guardian
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 02:56:44 AM »

I hope to be there when the SC PU launches.  Look for me as VP of the Citizens' Aid Society (a UEE version of a combination AAA Motor Club and Angie's List) and as the manager for the Earth office of Viking Ship Rentals.

ODonovan on the SC forums.  odonovan_starcitizen on Yahoo! Messenger chat.  Will be Edward O'Donovan ingame.

-Pat (aka "Irish")
Formerly @Power Play on CoH

p.s.  For the Irish in the crowd, I'll stand you a pint at O'Hal's (O'Halloran's Pub, NYC, in Star Citizen)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 09:03:19 PM »
Possibly relevant news for those who have contributed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VltHlKsGgvM