Author Topic: New game by Epic Games called Paragon  (Read 3188 times)

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
New game by Epic Games called Paragon
« on: December 05, 2015, 08:12:39 PM »
aaaand it's a superhero game. Can't help but wonder if the name was inspired by a certain MMO we all love. :P

Too bad it's a MOBA game. Not really a fan of the genre but I'll try it out and see how good it is. Release is Early 2016.

Announcement Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OCJCZJWA68

Gameplay First Look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gw9fJGKvcc
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:15:11 PM by Steelhelm »

ricodah

• Boss
Re: New game by Epic Games called Paragon
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 09:14:03 PM »
That looks awesome, love the "Shield Charge."

Exxar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 09:47:27 PM »
Such wonderful style. Such an awful genre.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 09:53:02 PM »
It looks like you have more control over your character than a standard MOBA (and I hate standard MOBAs) so I am going to withhold my opinion until I see it firsthand, or at least a video of someone *actually* playing it instead of cinematic shots of the devs playing it.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 04:10:51 PM »
Based on those videos it seems more general sci fi than superheroes specifically.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 04:16:55 PM »
Yeah, only one guy really seems to have any powers, and he looks more like a wizard (or maybe a Jedi Master).  The rest are just using guns and swords.

I'll probably pass on this.  LoL failed to impress me (quite the contrary, it annoyed, frustrated, and even angered me), so I'm kinda turned off on the MOBA genre as a whole.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 04:39:04 AM »
Yeah, only one guy really seems to have any powers, and he looks more like a wizard (or maybe a Jedi Master).  The rest are just using guns and swords.

I'll probably pass on this.  LoL failed to impress me (quite the contrary, it annoyed, frustrated, and even angered me), so I'm kinda turned off on the MOBA genre as a whole.

The LoL community is just awful.  There is nooooo slack for people just starting out.  However Heroes of the Storm is a fun Moba I would recommend trying that one. I usually also am not a big fan of MOBA's thanks to LoL.  But I like heroes of the storm

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 06:53:19 AM »
Eh, it's more that my playstyle doesn't work with MOBAs.  I like highly-survivable characters and combat that I can take slow and methodically, while I found that even LoL "tanks" were made of tissue paper and my slow and careful style just meant that all the other players on both sides were five levels higher (and had much better gear) than I was before I could blink.