Author Topic: My first experience in the actual CO forums  (Read 9462 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: My first experience in the actual CO forums
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 07:15:54 PM »
Quite a bit to read, let's hope I'm still sane(or at least, in my current state of insanity :P) when I return  ;D

EDIT: After reading it all I can say is: *ahem*.....hahahAHAHhahahahah *gasp* AAhhhahahahaha! hahaha...and biff's response at the end! hahahahah..oh..I think i'm gonna cough up a lung ;D :roll: ;D

Yeah, biff's usual response; "Who cares about population playing the game, it's still running".  That guy is more frustrating and stubborn than a donkey that thinks doorknobs are for eating.

CO's communities biggest weaknesses have tbh, been in the fact that they also had two very stupid and biased forum moderators.  Of the three, Biffsmackwell, Kaizerin, and Trailturtle, Trailturtle was the only one who was neutral and impartial to the forum opinion.  Kaizerin and Biff always sided with the very trolls that'd do stupid things like literally saying a choice between one good power and two broken unfunctional powers was a choice.

I am AMAZED that Kaizerin got chosen to be a developer with such an attitude.

But the overall nature of people like the trolls I won't mention, or the asswhipe shfg types/scrubs that generally only want people either playing like them or sucking for not playing like them, is they do it for attention and feelings of false power.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Soul Resonance

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2015, 08:17:18 PM »
Yeah, biff's usual response; "Who cares about population playing the game, it's still running".  That guy is more frustrating and stubborn than a donkey that thinks doorknobs are for eating.

CO's communities biggest weaknesses have tbh, been in the fact that they also had two very stupid and biased forum moderators.  Of the three, Biffsmackwell, Kaizerin, and Trailturtle, Trailturtle was the only one who was neutral and impartial to the forum opinion.  Kaizerin and Biff always sided with the very trolls that'd do stupid things like literally saying a choice between one good power and two broken unfunctional powers was a choice.

I am AMAZED that Kaizerin got chosen to be a developer with such an attitude.

But the overall nature of people like the trolls I won't mention, or the asswhipe shfg types/scrubs that generally only want people either playing like them or sucking for not playing like them, is they do it for attention and feelings of false power.
I was laughing more along the lines of at the end, "Well i'm not gonna donate cause of your attitude to CoT"...after it already made $100K in a few days. That's like telling apple or WoW: "I'm not gonna buy your next product or donate to you because [insert reason here].". I'm sure their response will most likely be: "..."  ;D
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2015, 08:41:33 PM »
I was laughing more along the lines of at the end, "Well i'm not gonna donate cause of your attitude to CoT"...after it already made $100K in a few days. That's like telling apple or WoW: "I'm not gonna buy your next product or donate to you because [insert reason here].". I'm sure their response will most likely be: "..."  ;D

I think it's more he was just being a hateful fanboy who goaded everyone into negative responses as usual.  I can see why people hate him.  He's a troll like the forums he moderates.  It's no different then say, having a corrupt law enforcement at a county/town/city level.  Criminals thrive because the police work with them, everyone and the community suffers for it.  And in this case, they act to censor smart and practical solutions to problems they have in order to maintain the status quo.  The definition of tyranny.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 12:27:09 AM »
Oh wow, I'm in those threads. In fact, one of them is the VERY THREAD that has the post where I figure out that Jon "CoX was Boring" Sills didn't play very far before quitting: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/comment/1918892/#Comment_1918892

But yeah, the forums over there are terribad. Even the STO forums and the Neverstopwhiners. Completely filled to the brim with trolls and asshats. Avoid them entirely.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 06:01:04 AM »
Oh wow, I'm in those threads. In fact, one of them is the VERY THREAD that has the post where I figure out that Jon "CoX was Boring" Sills didn't play very far before quitting: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/comment/1918892/#Comment_1918892

But yeah, the forums over there are terribad. Even the STO forums and the Neverstopwhiners. Completely filled to the brim with trolls and asshats. Avoid them entirely.
I had a few run ins with Jon myself, the last time I wrote something he called me a troll, when I was asking for clarification and calling someone a liar. He and a few of his "buddies" have created a "forum cartel" where what they write goes, if you do not agree or say something is not right they dog you. I agree Jon is a tool always has been always will be. :)
Imho sto is a bit better considering they are watched by pwe, I wouldn't touch nwn boards though.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2015, 01:16:02 PM »
Hey I have a first experience to share, now.

I got bored because it's been a ghost town HERE lately soooo I cruised the official forums for the first time ever and right off something caught my eye so I commented on it.

I got 1 agree, 1 acknowledgement of the point from the OP, and was then removed from that sub=forum.

TOP THAT!

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Soul Resonance

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2015, 03:28:24 PM »

I got bored because it's been a ghost town HERE lately soooo I cruised the official forums for the first time ever and right off something caught my eye so I commented on it.

I got 1 agree, 1 acknowledgement of the point from the OP, and was then removed from that sub=forum.

TOP THAT!
:P
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2015, 10:52:37 PM »
Hehe
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2015, 09:28:53 PM »

TOP THAT!

I asked if the forum trolls felt like heroes yet, and then asked the devs if they felt competent yet.  This was when they nerfed plasma shear and left half the community feeling baited and switched.  Needless to say, the post and about 5-6 other pages got removed.

Note: I don't want any answers to those questions and even said I didn't want any.  One idiot actually answered "yet" and said idiot was making it stupidly easy for the trolls to win constantly.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2015, 07:13:21 AM »
The forums treated me nice the first time.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2015, 01:28:09 PM »
I seriously got punted from whatever the PTS forum is called. It went just like above. It's description says it's a 'Gold' forum but they didn't remove my access to any other forums that say the same thing. Just the one I posted in.

No explanation, no notification in the post that the person who just posted (me) got punted so he can't reply to any further comments.

I'm almost positive I saw @avianos post under the same topic and he's a long time Silver and darn proud of it.

Whateveh. I saw a lot of familiar @'s on my cruise over there and was even looking forward to an occasional post/reply but that place is scary anyway. Ignorance is bliss.. This way I don't have to see the awful game changing suggestions and worry they might actually make it the game. I didn't mean for that last statement to sound harsh. It was sincere.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2015, 02:44:08 PM »
I faced my fears and went back... lol

My PTS forum access had been re-instated and my avatar REMOVED. *snicker*...

Those whacky CO forums.

Go figure.
Some Faves: