Author Topic: Dark Matter  (Read 1183 times)

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
Dark Matter
« on: October 30, 2015, 10:24:49 PM »
This is a pretty good show from the Canadians (some of the actors, directors and writers that previously worked on Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and/or Continuum). I found it on Netflix and decided to try it out because of the 4.5 stars and since it was science fiction. I needed something to watch after The Flash exceeded my sappy-scene tolerance around the 4th or 5th episode. And since I understand physics, it kind of bugs me that he can grab someone, drag them sideways faster than the approaching bullets and yet somehow not kill them in the process. Anyway... Dark Matter is better suited to grown-up viewers with the predominant form of humour leaning toward sarcasm.

So far I am liking Dark Matter. I don't think there's any surprising new angle or idea in there, and in fact there are lots of borrowed ideas. But it's well-acted, has decent special effects, and SyFy ordered a 2nd season, so there will be at least 26 episodes. It started in 2015, so who knows? Hopefully it won't take a bizarro left-turn like Continuum did for season 3, or be killed off purely due to ratings (despite being a good show) like The Sarah Connor chronicles. If you liked either of those shows you'll probably like this one.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Dark Matter
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 11:12:26 PM »
Watched it when they aired it on SciFi.  I liked it.  Looking forward to season 2.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 01:38:50 AM »
I liked it, picked up steam toward the end of the season. Should check out Killjoys too, it's also fun.

Magus Prime

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 07:08:49 AM »
Yup.  I'm inhaling it.  It's Firefly-esque with a slightly harder edge.  Definitely a worthy and well-thought out successor.

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 07:32:24 PM »
I hadn't watched the entire first season when I posted this, but I have to say the ending to the first season was a major shocker. No spoilers, but it definitely gives one that "how the heck are they going to get out of this one?" feeling. We know there WILL BE a season two, so there's gotta be something...

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 04:09:25 PM »
I watched the first two episodes and liked them.  Looking forward to the rest!