Author Topic: Agents of SHIELD season 3 - Meet Quake  (Read 28492 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Agents of SHIELD season 3 - Meet Quake
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 05:02:56 PM »
Nice.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 07:02:10 PM »
Ooh. I like the 'nod' to the Unnecessary Gold Circles in the golden piping along some seams. I was not looking forward to this costume. :p

EDIT: I'm just glad it's not this terrible thing.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 11:42:16 AM »
You know, one of these days I'd like to see an action costume that isn't black ...

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 11:45:08 AM »
Beyond that, I'm sorta with Phil. If I've known someone by one name for two years and they suddenly go by another I might have trouble remembering to call them by the new one.

Lord Nightmare

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 06:56:24 PM »
You know, one of these days I'd like to see an action costume that isn't black ...

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 09:18:44 AM »
Beyond that, I'm sorta with Phil. If I've known someone by one name for two years and they suddenly go by another I might have trouble remembering to call them by the new one.

I had forgotten she had another name.  And what had happened to Simmons.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 11:17:01 AM »
IGN had an interview with Skye... er Daisy... saying Simmons' rescue will be almost immediate in episode 2 and she'll be more badass at the end of it.

Outside of that: rumors she's on a either a kree world or the rock Thantos is from. Take that as you will being the internet and all.

On that note - Simmons rubbed dirt she dug for (like a puppy looking for a bone... seriously, was it magic dirt or something?) on a cut over he eye and felt better. Weird.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 12:37:26 PM »
My impression was she was being tracked by blood somehow and that was a measure taken to mask it.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 09:08:02 PM »
I was guessing blue area of the moon. Extremely disappointed she's coming back though (and that Fitz wasn't drawn in to join her). Then again I can't stand anyone on this show apart from Mack and Kyle Maclachlan. Oh and also I'm grumpy.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 09:29:36 PM »
I like Fitz-Simmons, although Fitz was hard to deal with during the crazy cripple portions of last season.  Character-wise, the only thing I don't like is the double agent whose name escapes me.  He just doesn't work for me as a psycho.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 09:59:32 PM »
I like Fitz-Simmons, although Fitz was hard to deal with during the crazy cripple portions of last season.  Character-wise, the only thing I don't like is the double agent whose name escapes me.  He just doesn't work for me as a psycho.

Yeah that was my favorite. I'm trying to imagine the writers' room on that one. "Well we have Skye running around to talk to various characters about their feelings every week but I still don't feel like we have enough dull conversations in this show. Maybe if we had to wait on one of the characters to say everything it'd be better."

Oh and I assume you're referring to Ward.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 10:32:57 PM »
That's the one.  I'm terrible with names.  His turn was a WTF moment for me and not in a good way.  And every leap away from redemption they've made since has been that much worse.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 11:30:04 PM »
That's the one.  I'm terrible with names.  His turn was a WTF moment for me and not in a good way.  And every leap away from redemption they've made since has been that much worse.

The problem I have with the whole situation is that at no point in the point in the storyline did we ever see Garrett do ANYTHING to justify Ward's loyalty to him.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 09:22:00 PM »
I don't really see Ward turning as a problem.  Sociopaths are great at appearing to be likable people.  They are the ones whose friends and neighbors always say "I can't believe he did something like that.  He was the nicest person ever." or just plain refuse to believe it no matter how much evidence there is.  Throughout the first season he always struck me as a sociopath type.  Always just a little too nice and a little too plastic.  So when he turned for me it was more of a "yep" moment than a "gasp" moment.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 02:10:08 AM »

Not an outstanding episode, but not bad. Not bad.

Spoiler for Hidden:
And here we have traumatized!Simmons to deal with.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 06:11:06 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Well at least she's not brain damaged.

Fun that one of the Strucker kids was on there. Wonder if the twins will show up at some point.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 01:33:34 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Well at least she's not brain damaged.

Fun that one of the Strucker kids was on there. Wonder if the twins will show up at some point.

Well one is dead, no?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 06:10:09 PM »
Maybe, idk?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 06:28:42 AM »
Well one is dead, no?

Wait, is one of the Strucker twins dead or were you talking about the Maximoffs?