Author Topic: Xev, You unimaginative bastard  (Read 3787 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Xev, You unimaginative bastard
« on: September 02, 2015, 12:57:55 PM »
I <3 CO.

Thanks for being a great game full of fun people for 2 and a half years now. (I thought it was more!).

Sorry I called you names.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
Re: Xev, You unimaginative bastard
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 09:25:29 PM »
Which is why I reserve my rage for Cryptic and the usual yesman gallery on its forums.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 11:51:59 PM »
Normally the closest thing to CO rage I have is being bored by complainers. In-game haters are a pet peeve due to no one cares at all what they are saying but they just keep talking.

If you don't play anymore and complain that's +1. If you haven't played for a long time and complain that's +100. If you never were good at the game to begin with and complain it's just annoying.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 03:46:42 AM »
There's a point system to complaining now?  Interesting.

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 11:49:23 AM »
CO, meh. It could have been great.
But it isn't.
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 12:41:25 PM »
There's a point system to complaining now?  Interesting.

I'm a gamer ya know..

In this game the highest score isn't the winner, it's the biggest loser. I racked up some points recently. Kaos and Brou are probably winning. I think I never heard either one of them complain about CO.

It's not a very interesting game so I don't keep a tight score.
Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 11:51:55 PM »
I'm a gamer ya know..

In this game the highest score isn't the winner, it's the biggest loser. I racked up some points recently. Kaos and Brou are probably winning. I think I never heard either one of them complain about CO.

It's not a very interesting game so I don't keep a tight score.

Kind of silly to announce a game no ones been playing :).
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 12:05:52 AM »
I have never been accused of being 'kind of' silly   : /

Until now I've been pretty much full tilt silly.
Some Faves:

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 01:36:48 AM »
What would cost more money:
1. buying CO from cryptic and rebuilding it yourself
2. Fully funding City of Titans
3. Getting City of Heroes Legacy from Nexsoft
4. Creating your own game
5. Pie for everyone in the Titan Network
6. Screw it... No one plays heroes outside of licensed comics heroes... I'm going to fund a My Little Pony MMO
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 03:47:38 AM »
What would cost more money:
1. buying CO from cryptic and rebuilding it yourself
2. Fully funding City of Titans
3. Getting City of Heroes Legacy from Nexsoft
4. Creating your own game
5. Pie for everyone in the Titan Network
6. Screw it... No one plays heroes outside of licensed comics heroes... I'm going to fund a My Little Pony MMO

No, no, no.  It's an MMO based on complaining.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 02:09:51 PM »
My deal about moanning and hating in/on CO is like this..

Do you want to be the kid on the monkey bars at school that is complaining how badly they are built and telling everying how unfun they are or do you want to be the one who is doing freaky stunts on them and getting all the babes/guys.

Kid 1 Has a whole playground of things to play on but chooses to pick something they have complaints about and is a complete downer and brings everyone else down. Recess is over and life sucks as much as it did before we got out of class.

Kid 2 Thinks the monkey bars are awesome and is an inspiration with what he does with them and everyone forgets they even were in class - it feels like a circus.

Yeah you can tear this analogy apart, just like you can tear apart anything I can presently think of. Or, you can get the point.

Play time, to me, is supposed to be special.

Like dinner. You don't go out to dinner and blatantly fart and burp and go on and on how much the place sucks and how the people coming to eat there are idiots and etc and so on.. You can, but most likely it wil be because you suck because you just ruined everyone elses night, except for the ones laughing at you.

But the game *really does suck* so what do I do?!?!?!

Play...something...else... It's not our fault (people who like playing) you aren't having fun - for whaaaatever reason.

It's like when we played CoH and were having fun and people would come into our chat and go on and on about how their game was better or how CoH could be so much better or blah blah blah whatever other uninteresting thing they had to say while we were actually playing the game and enjoying it. Think how you felt about those people and this is probly how CO people feel about you.

Can you never complain? This is totally acceptible if you aren't human. Well, and, yeah, if you get invested in/play the game enough there are going to be things that touch a nerve from time to time. Another player, a nerf, whatever.

All I'm saying is game time is all about fun time. To me. You can't give me something I can't pick apart and find flaws in. Your favorite movie may be one long string of flaws but it entertains you in some way and you probably don't want to watch it with people who are non stop going on about how much it sucks. More likely, you'd enjoy watching it more with people that can appreciate it like you do.

I complained my brains out lately about recharge maybe possibly might be someday soon getting nerfed. Probably 3/4's of the complaints didn't have anything at all to do with CO I was just stressed.It happens. Being invested enough in the game to want your opinion heard is a very good thing - but if you can't put all that aside and then go play and have fun with everyone else... it most likely is time to move on at least for awhile.

Everyone gets down once in awhile you just don't want to make it a sport/lifestyle unless you're prepared to live this way and attract like people. Would be my out of game philosophy on the matter.
Some Faves:

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 02:44:35 PM »

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 09:07:29 PM »
My deal about moanning and hating in/on CO is like this..

Do you want to be the kid on the monkey bars at school that is complaining how badly they are built and telling everying how unfun they are or do you want to be the one who is doing freaky stunts on them and getting all the babes/guys.

Kid 1 Has a whole playground of things to play on but chooses to pick something they have complaints about and is a complete downer and brings everyone else down. Recess is over and life sucks as much as it did before we got out of class.

Kid 2 Thinks the monkey bars are awesome and is an inspiration with what he does with them and everyone forgets they even were in class - it feels like a circus.

Yeah you can tear this analogy apart, just like you can tear apart anything I can presently think of. Or, you can get the point.

Play time, to me, is supposed to be special.

Like dinner. You don't go out to dinner and blatantly fart and burp and go on and on how much the place sucks and how the people coming to eat there are idiots and etc and so on.. You can, but most likely it wil be because you suck because you just ruined everyone elses night, except for the ones laughing at you.

But the game *really does suck* so what do I do?!?!?!

Play...something...else... It's not our fault (people who like playing) you aren't having fun - for whaaaatever reason.

It's like when we played CoH and were having fun and people would come into our chat and go on and on about how their game was better or how CoH could be so much better or blah blah blah whatever other uninteresting thing they had to say while we were actually playing the game and enjoying it. Think how you felt about those people and this is probly how CO people feel about you.

Can you never complain? This is totally acceptible if you aren't human. Well, and, yeah, if you get invested in/play the game enough there are going to be things that touch a nerve from time to time. Another player, a nerf, whatever.

All I'm saying is game time is all about fun time. To me. You can't give me something I can't pick apart and find flaws in. Your favorite movie may be one long string of flaws but it entertains you in some way and you probably don't want to watch it with people who are non stop going on about how much it sucks. More likely, you'd enjoy watching it more with people that can appreciate it like you do.

I complained my brains out lately about recharge maybe possibly might be someday soon getting nerfed. Probably 3/4's of the complaints didn't have anything at all to do with CO I was just stressed.It happens. Being invested enough in the game to want your opinion heard is a very good thing - but if you can't put all that aside and then go play and have fun with everyone else... it most likely is time to move on at least for awhile.

Everyone gets down once in awhile you just don't want to make it a sport/lifestyle unless you're prepared to live this way and attract like people. Would be my out of game philosophy on the matter.

What about Kid 3 who likes the monkey bars, but is dissatisfied with how the school is failing to maintain them and shows concern over where they're falling apart in some areas, which drives away other kids to play with and may result in the whole toy being torn down eventually? That kid exists too.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 05:04:09 AM »
What about Kid 3 who likes the monkey bars, but is dissatisfied with how the school is failing to maintain them and shows concern over where they're falling apart in some areas, which drives away other kids to play with and may result in the whole toy being torn down eventually? That kid exists too.
Nope nope nope. That kid does not exist because that kid is not made of straw.
So far so good. Onward and upward!