Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 78720 times)

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 2
« Reply #360 on: June 02, 2016, 02:26:17 AM »
If Eddie is killed in the past - Thawne is never born. So the entire history of all that first season should have been erased.
But it wasn't - everyone still remembered Thawne and everything that happened. What makes it worse is that in this finale they got it right - Barry changes the past so his other self is wiped from existence.

The time travel logic is working like it does in virtually ever other time traveling in a series or movie.  Those involved in the change remember it even if everybody else forgets it.  And because time wants to happen the closer to now the change in the past was made the less it affects the world.  Eobard was wiped from existence but the timeline attempts to remain stable by wibbly wobbling around so that Wells actually did accelerate his work and cause the explosion sooner than originally even though he was the real Wells instead of the replaced version.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #361 on: June 02, 2016, 12:44:01 PM »
The time travel logic is working like it does in virtually ever other time traveling in a series or movie.  Those involved in the change remember it even if everybody else forgets it.  And because time wants to happen the closer to now the change in the past was made the less it affects the world.  Eobard was wiped from existence but the timeline attempts to remain stable by wibbly wobbling around so that Wells actually did accelerate his work and cause the explosion sooner than originally even though he was the real Wells instead of the replaced version.

I can understand people causing the change remembering. But if Thawne was never born to go back in time - how could he have left a will, as Wells, for Barry? It should have been the real Wells now because Thawne never existed to take over his body and kill him. And his mom wouldn't have suddenly died back in 2000 if he wasn't there and killed her.

It's just not logical no matter how you look at it.

Of course because I am a comic book and sci-fi nerd, it bothers me. The average TV viewer probably couldn't care less.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #362 on: June 02, 2016, 04:46:22 PM »
Because I am a sci-fi and comic book nerd, I accept this sort of time travel nonsense as par for the course.  It's a sort of Mobius knot of continuity, and thus any attempt to force linear perceptions onto it will end up strange.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #363 on: June 02, 2016, 05:16:54 PM »
Because I am a sci-fi and comic book nerd, I accept this sort of time travel nonsense as par for the course.  It's a sort of Mobius knot of continuity, and thus any attempt to force linear perceptions onto it will end up strange.

Well I expect tv show and movie time travel logic to be, well, logical.

Like 'Days of Future Past'..................... or the Terminator films.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #364 on: June 02, 2016, 05:30:18 PM »
I don't mind it being ridiculous, especially as the time travel logic wouldn't be as ridiculous as some of the other writing on these shows if time travel required them to ride a three eyed donkey through a fountain of pudding.  I'd just like them to pick a metaphysics of time travel and stick with it. If you add in legends of tomorrow they have practically every fictional time travel logic all being true depending on the episode,  and there have been episodes with three or four different ones operating within minutes of each other.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #365 on: June 02, 2016, 05:46:03 PM »
time travel required them to ride a three eyed donkey through a fountain of pudding
My life will now be incomplete until I see this on the screen.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #366 on: June 02, 2016, 08:24:21 PM »
I don't mind it being ridiculous, especially as the time travel logic wouldn't be as ridiculous as some of the other writing on these shows if time travel required them to ride a three eyed donkey through a fountain of pudding.  I'd just like them to pick a metaphysics of time travel and stick with it. If you add in legends of tomorrow they have practically every fictional time travel logic all being true depending on the episode,  and there have been episodes with three or four different ones operating within minutes of each other.

This is my point. They are inconsistent with their time travel physics even in the same episode.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #367 on: June 22, 2016, 12:47:14 AM »
The title of episode #301 has just been released.

Flashpoint.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #368 on: June 22, 2016, 12:59:35 AM »
Flashpoint.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #369 on: June 22, 2016, 01:11:53 PM »
Well I expect tv show and movie time travel logic to be, well, logical.

Like 'Days of Future Past'..................... or the Terminator films.

You think the time travel of the Terminator films is "logical"? 

:gonk:

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #370 on: June 22, 2016, 01:12:47 PM »

Flashpoint.

Might as well have named it "Fanbait" or "Red Herring"

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #371 on: June 22, 2016, 01:17:41 PM »

It's a lot better than what's going on in the Flash.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #372 on: June 22, 2016, 01:36:37 PM »
All I know is if saving his mom keeps him from getting powers and Hot Pursuit shows up even my watching at double speed and my insane underpants gnome compulsion to watch things i don't particularly enjoy might not save it.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #373 on: June 23, 2016, 03:13:56 AM »

Was being sarcastic, obviously. Makes no more sense then Flash or Legends for that matter.