Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 78715 times)

hurple

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 2
« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2015, 03:11:33 PM »
Finally got caught up with this week's Flash and Arrow. 

Man, that Hawkman looks a bit tiny next to the other actors.  I dunno, I always picture Hawkman as huge and buff... Like, oh, Dave Batista.  And while this particular actor was no tiny little guy, and was quite athletic-looking, he just looked to... small... next to the others, I thought.

Otherwise, fun team-up episode. 

Although, I am wondering why they didn't call Firestorm or Atom to help out against Savage. 

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2015, 10:33:50 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
OK i'm not a science but that magnet explanation seemed like complete nonsense even by their standards. I guess this was actually the mid-season finale? I've thought about the last 4 episodes were.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2015, 01:26:23 PM »
I cackled mightily at Trickster's "That was beautiful!"
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2015, 01:36:16 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So, the CCPD Metahuman task force has an anti-speedster gun and nobody thought to mention this to Barry?

They also have a portal into their base of operations for their biggest threat to waltz right in and it's not monitored?

/epic_facepalm

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2015, 02:54:29 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
It is monitored.  It's just that the person using it covertly is also one of the people monitoring it.  Pretty easy to circumvent security that you're responsible for.
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2015, 03:09:03 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
It is monitored.  It's just that the person using it covertly is also one of the people monitoring it.  Pretty easy to circumvent security that you're responsible for.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Monitored by a guy that they don't entirely trust.  Still seems like an oversight.  "Trust but verify" would be wise in this case.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2015, 04:49:24 PM »
I cackled mightily at Trickster's "That was beautiful!"

I sort of thought he was wasted in this episode. I would have liked it more if he was the center of it and not Weather Wizard.
Still he was the best thing in the original Flash show and even his appearance here was gold.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2015, 05:02:13 PM »
Kinda felt like a "let's get mark hamill on because star wars" appearance to me. i like him doing his over the top joker routine in live action though.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2015, 05:27:22 PM »
Pretty sure his Trickster routine came first. 

I keep forgetting that the Star Wars movie is upcoming.  I just thought it was a quick little pre-Christmas hurrah for the fans.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2015, 07:05:02 PM »
Trickster seems to have gotten alot more dark during the past 25 years we haven't seen him... from making Flash wear silly boots to wanting to dismember people is quite a jump.  Ha Ha!

I like how, while Flash is learning how to better use his powers onscreen, the villains are doing the same, offscreen... "He's FLYING?!?!"

Fantastic.

And even though it's the wrong Wally West, seeing him at the door actually made me misty-eyed for a second.  They need to introduce him to Linda Park stat!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2015, 09:21:34 PM »
Trickster seems to have gotten alot more dark during the past 25 years we haven't seen him... from making Flash wear silly boots to wanting to dismember people is quite a jump.  Ha Ha!

I like how, while Flash is learning how to better use his powers onscreen, the villains are doing the same, offscreen... "He's FLYING?!?!"

Fantastic.

And even though it's the wrong Wally West, seeing him at the door actually made me misty-eyed for a second.  They need to introduce him to Linda Park stat!

Well the Wally in the comics now is black so they are right on track.

I just wonder how he will get his speed - something to do with Zoom I bet.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2015, 09:22:32 PM »
Pretty sure his Trickster routine came first. 

I keep forgetting that the Star Wars movie is upcoming.  I just thought it was a quick little pre-Christmas hurrah for the fans.

Wait - there is a new Star Wars coming out? I had no idea..............

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2015, 09:35:32 PM »
Well the Wally in the comics now is black so they are right on track.

I just wonder how he will get his speed - something to do with Zoom I bet.

My gut tells me that Zoom will turn out to be Earth-2 Wally.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2015, 10:11:42 PM »
My gut tells me that Zoom will turn out to be Earth-2 Wally.

I was going along those lines. Either Wally or Barry from Earth 2.

Either way I bet it has something to do with Joe West of Earth 2.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2015, 12:13:00 AM »
I was going along those lines. Either Wally or Barry from Earth 2.
I'm sticking with Earth 2 Henry Allen.  I think the brief reveal of the Earth 2 Green Arrow's identity was a hint.  And that jawline...
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2015, 12:54:25 AM »
I'm sticking with Earth 2 Henry Allen.  I think the brief reveal of the Earth 2 Green Arrow's identity was a hint.  And that jawline...

Whoever it is I just hope its not some random guy. It needs to be an Earth 2 counterpart of someone they know for it to really work dramatically.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2015, 01:39:43 PM »
Random thought: If Zoom turns out to be Earth-2 Wally, maybe that's how Earth-1 Wally gets his speed somehow? 

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2015, 04:02:06 PM »
OK, so the big reveal (tm) for the big mid-season finale was that Dr Wells is being forced to work with Zoom to steal Barry's speed... or in other words... everything they've already explicitly spelled out to viewers throughout the other episodes?

Well, some websites out there are treating this like it's some big, major revelation. 

But, it's exactly, to the letter, what I was expecting with everything we've seen through all the other episodes. 

I think Zoom is the Earth-2 Iris West.  She's mad that Earth-2 Barry married Earth-2 Patty and they had 2 Earth-2 babies. 

Actually, haven't they said that Zoom isn't from Earth-2 but just traveled there just like he traveled to Earth-1?  I've been thinking he may be Earth-3 Barry, since that's where the evil doppelgangers all come from.

So, what do they do for season 3?  Season 1 = Reverse Flash, Season 2 = Zoom.  Are they gonna keep up the season-long arch-villain has superspeed thing?  I hope not.  That's kinda lazy.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2015, 05:28:30 PM »
OK, so the big reveal (tm) for the big mid-season finale was that Dr Wells is being forced to work with Zoom to steal Barry's speed... or in other words... everything they've already explicitly spelled out to viewers throughout the other episodes?

Well, some websites out there are treating this like it's some big, major revelation. 

But, it's exactly, to the letter, what I was expecting with everything we've seen through all the other episodes. 

I think Zoom is the Earth-2 Iris West.  She's mad that Earth-2 Barry married Earth-2 Patty and they had 2 Earth-2 babies. 

Actually, haven't they said that Zoom isn't from Earth-2 but just traveled there just like he traveled to Earth-1?  I've been thinking he may be Earth-3 Barry, since that's where the evil doppelgangers all come from.

So, what do they do for season 3?  Season 1 = Reverse Flash, Season 2 = Zoom.  Are they gonna keep up the season-long arch-villain has superspeed thing?  I hope not.  That's kinda lazy.

Season 3's big villain will be -- The Turtle

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2015, 06:28:31 PM »
Season 3's villain could be mono or the common cold, depending on how much they listen to Wally: