Author Topic: Well Worth a Watch  (Read 2005 times)

DBadger

• Lieutenant
Well Worth a Watch
« on: July 24, 2015, 06:05:27 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmvcJuBOaQE

Watch from about 10 minutes in, great rant about companies killing off games

Shenku

• Elite Boss
Re: Well Worth a Watch
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 04:03:33 PM »
Sadly, everything he says is true. Particularly how the culture is so accepting of the practice that anyone who disagrees is considered "crazy" or "obsessive" over their effected game/s despite raising valid concerns.

As extreme an example as it was, his fingers analogy was spot on, because regardless of the physical damage it does to the human body and as horrifying as it may seem to us, there's been numerous cases in history as well as modern history where some cultures have participated in practices of self mutilation and see it as completely normal, and some are even still practiced today. Tatoos and ear/face/body piercings being the most prominent ones in today's society, along with circumcision(*shudders at having to even mention it*).

The above examples are considered normal now by much of society, so someone raising a concern about them, however valid, is often scoffed or ignored. I'm actually considered wierd by my friends, who mostly have tatoos, because I don't have one and am likely to never get one(I'm too indecisive to want to settle on any singular design... Plus, I hate needles... No seriously, I HATE needles...). Well, they consider me wierd for a number of other reasons as well, but the tatoo thing is on the list... My rants about Online Only DRM being a bad thing, or MMOs being killed off (City of Heroes in particular) are two other reasons they think I'm wierd/nuts...