Author Topic: Set_Title Binds Auto generator  (Read 8635 times)

IceHeart

• Boss
  • a.k.a 'Ice' - Shadow Souls' Top Cat
    • Shadow Souls
Set_Title Binds Auto generator
« on: April 25, 2008, 12:34:24 AM »
So, finally my badge-who.. er, badge-hunting lust overcame my usual reluctance to set up additional accounts all over the 'net, and I decided to go ahead and create my toons in Titan's GameTracker.. I downloaded the TNT GameTracker app, and also downloaded the "set title" set of bindfiles from Maverick (which you can find here).

They all run nicely and all, but the two things that peeved me a bit with the bind files were, I already had a 'binds' directory somewhere else, and this set of files was 'forced' to be on "c:\binds" .. and I *hate* having things at root level..
I thought about just doing search and replace, but instead decided to dust off my extremely rusty programming and come up with an automated way to generate these scripts for any folder, and by the way, for any bound key.

The Linked script is the result. It will generate a very similar set of bind files to what the original set from Maverick has. I took the liberty of altering the naming convention slightly.

Note this is a .VBS file and you may get all sorts of warnings etc. when trying to download it.
I have put it temporarily in my own "Live Spaces" storage, as Im not sure if I can/how to attach a file here in the forums, but if people find it useful, the good Ops here may want to consider hosting it at a different, easier place within the Titan Net Server space and sticky it..

Note that I do NOT make any warranties this will work for you and you will execute it at your own risk...

I hope people may find it useful. Feel free to modify as needed, and reply back at the COH/COV forums here  with any comments.
Cheers,
Ice

Set Title Binds generator script

*Edited to include link to Maverick's original set of binds and to include COH forums link as well..
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:48:24 PM by Sekoia »

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
Re: Set_Title Binds Auto generator
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 11:08:08 AM »
I could easily add this script to TNT, which then would allow the users to generate a new bind whenever they wanted.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

IceHeart

• Boss
    • Shadow Souls
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 02:05:08 PM »
That would be excellent, Voltaic! :)
Having it in a menu witihin TNT, you have everything in one place.
Don't know what language  are you using for TNT, but if you've taken a peek at the script, it's rather simple, so it can be easily ported to other languages.

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:35:36 PM »
That would be excellent, Voltaic! :)
Having it in a menu witihin TNT, you have everything in one place.
Don't know what language  are you using for TNT, but if you've taken a peek at the script, it's rather simple, so it can be easily ported to other languages.

TNT is VB.NET, so most of it is going to be a copy and paste.  I will probably make it Object Oriented though.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

IceHeart

• Boss
    • Shadow Souls
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 02:46:20 AM »
Small update to the 'old' Auto Set-title binds generator Script:

See updated script at: My spaces Skydrive

This includes updated City Sites info and a new command line text file, in case you forget how to start it in COV/COH...

yeah, yeah, not as fancy as mav's Exe and all...but perhaps people will find it useful too ;)
Cheers

konoko

• Minion
  • Under your Keyboard
    • konoko's ramblings
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 04:00:10 PM »
Bah, I'll stop dinking around with a .CMD script then. Wasn't working so hot.

And I forgot all my C++ stuff already.

*cry*

But being able to specify the directory the binds are stored in without editing 101 text files is very much welcome.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:15:40 PM by konoko »
-Paragonwiki Admin

IceHeart

• Boss
    • Shadow Souls
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 02:26:49 AM »
With I13 adding some badges, I've reupdated this with a minimal change to pickup badge numbers up to 1200.
I've had conflicting reports of how many badges are in there yet, so if you need more, simply edit the script and change the number to a higher one.

Hope this helps.

Updated Script at my SkyDrive

Catharctic

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 05:41:32 PM »
*Stickied 12/23/08*

konoko

• Minion
  • Under your Keyboard
    • konoko's ramblings
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 08:40:51 PM »
I need to install a VBS IDE, editing this through VIM is giving me a headache. At least color coding is working.

Added relative path dialog. Will add number of files later.

http://onineko.com/coh/settitle/
http://onineko.com/coh/settitle/Set_title_binds_generator_V1.3_20081223.vbs
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:30:38 PM by konoko »
-Paragonwiki Admin

IceHeart

• Boss
    • Shadow Souls
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 01:15:35 AM »
A couple people have reported issues trying to run these scripts on Vista.. unfortunately, I do not have Vista available to test this, but I am pretty sure it should run on any default installation of it.

You do not need any VBasic IDE to just 'run' these. These VBS can be run with just the Windows Scripting Host (WSH) which is included by default in all installations of win 2000, win xp and win Vista, unless you have specifically removed or altered it . Note that if you are a developer or tech, any number of applications may have altered that; however, the original WSH should always be available "under the hood".

If you do have any problems running it (either my original  or kononko's upgraded version) you could try:

- save it to whatever path\filename you wish .. (lets call it c:\temp\set-title-binds.vbs)
- open up a command window and specifically use cscript or wscript to run it:
Code: [Select]

wscript c:\temp\set-title-binds.vbs

It should run without any problems.
if it doesnt, make sure you do have Wscript host enabled.. try simply running either "wscript" (the windowed version, or "cscript" (the core, command line-only version) .. you should get something along the lines of:

Code: [Select]
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

If you cannot get anything out of that then you may have a version error with WSH 5.6 vs WSH 5.7
try reading through this.. as usual, MS messing things around...
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/newswire/wsh57.mspx#EFE

oh and Yay! it got stickied!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 01:28:00 AM by IceHeart »