Author Topic: Had a dream last night...  (Read 3979 times)

Shenku

• Elite Boss
Had a dream last night...
« on: March 22, 2015, 05:27:50 PM »
Despite all the time that's passed since the game was shut down, I had a really vivid dream last night that I had discovered some way to play CoH, but only in an off-line "solo mission" mode...

I was even sorta hoarding this discovery and keeping it from the community so I could monopolize the game all for myself and played for a bit... Then I woke up and realized it was all just a dream and got really sad...... :'(

impiousimp

• Lieutenant
Re: Had a dream last night...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 05:40:17 PM »
I dream about that too.  Its weird and sad.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 06:01:49 PM »
I had a dream last night that a hamburger was eating me!

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 06:35:28 PM »
I've had a few dreams about CoH that have really been intense, but they involve the time I spent playing it with my wife before she moved cross country to live with me and we got married.

I don't think I would want to play it solo.

Pyromantic

• New Efforts # 16,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 11:52:03 PM »
I had a dream a few nights ago in which I was play a MM and chatting with my friend about Thugs/Dark, since that's what he was playing.  Then it dawned on me that I was playing City of Heroes!  And then, of course, I woke up.  That pretty well sucked.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 12:07:45 AM »
I had a dream that I was in the Arctic, then I woke up and found out my husband had stolen all the covers.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 03:40:25 AM »
I had a dream where I was in a movie, driving a big convertible, with Brad Pitt as the passenger, and George Clooney was supposed to jump in the back and didn't do a good job.  George was directing too, and we were all laughing like buddies do, givin' each other the finger, friendly insults hurled as we were enjoyin' the work and the company...

And I woke up.  Dammit.  I wanted to know what happened next. :(

George and Brad are real cool guys, by the way, just like you'd expect them to be.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 06:03:53 AM »
I've had many a CoH dream, especially when I was playing it daily. The dreams of actually flying, of actually fighting CoT...these days the dreams are of getting past the login screen.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 02:53:17 PM »
For some reason I find as the weather here gets nicer and sunnier day by day, I think of COH even more - running or flying through the streets.

I can do it in Icon - but not the same without everything else going on around me.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 01:25:50 AM »
For some reason I dreamt I was running around Peregrine Island beating up a Nemesis lieutenant last night. In the course of the dream, I commandeered one of those Jaegar robots and was using it to set him on fire, during which it occurred to me that the Nemesis troops should've used pressurized steam instead of fire in their cone AoE attacks, to keep with Nemesis's steampunk aesthetic and theme.

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 11:23:58 AM »
I had a dream last night that a hamburger was eating me!

You are what you eat lol

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 04:55:55 PM »
[signature]Inside each and every planet in the universe is a miniature sun.[/signature]
Weird, i was under the impression that most planets do not have nearly enough pressure and heat to sustain an ongoing nuclear fusion reaction, especially since the core is generally composed of heavier elements that require significantly higher energies to fuse. Outside a planetary core it's even colder than that. So where are these miniature suns found?
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 04:59:24 PM »
I dreamed that I kept pinching myself for some reason. When I woke up, my cheeks were sore, I was trapped in this computer, and there was a file called racehorse.h on the pillow next to me. How do I get out?
Will following this miniature sun help?

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 05:15:03 PM »
I dreamed that I kept pinching myself for some reason. When I woke up, my cheeks were sore, I was trapped in this computer, and there was a file called racehorse.h on the pillow next to me. How do I get out?
Will following this miniature sun help?

You need to hold down the CTRL, Alt, and the number 2 keys, and tap on the escape key for twenty minutes while typing out "All bits and no bytes makes Tron a dull program", and eventually an exit will appear to allow you to wake up.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 05:35:08 AM »
I dreamed I was an Olympic-level figure-skater and my best friend was the Russian world champion.  It was a very nice dream, but I can't figure out why that would be hammering at my subconscious.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 10:24:13 PM »
Despite all the time that's passed since the game was shut down, I had a really vivid dream last night that I had discovered some way to play CoH, but only in an off-line "solo mission" mode...

I was even sorta hoarding this discovery and keeping it from the community so I could monopolize the game all for myself and played for a bit... Then I woke up and realized it was all just a dream and got really sad...... :'(
I feel you, I too had a dream that City of. was back in all of its glory. The talks were successful and Nate became our new overlord. One day we might be flying above Paragon or the Rouge Is. once again :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 08:53:14 PM »
I dreamed that this one time, at band camp...................

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 12:53:46 AM »
Just last night I had a dream where we got CoH back but the entire United States government was full of conservatives...

(I don't mean to offend any conservatives that are on this forum!)

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2015, 08:59:53 PM »
I had another live-action CoH dream last night. It was a 'kill-all' clockworks in an office building. I was a Storm/electric defender. Many I miss my twister in the corner office.