Author Topic: Paragon Chat Development Roadmap and Wishlist  (Read 219335 times)

Prism Almidu

• Lieutenant
Re: Paragon Chat Development Roadmap and Wishlist
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2015, 04:33:08 PM »
Wishlist Item:

At the character select screen would it be possible to get back the blue background for hero characters and the red background for villains?  Right now it always seems to be the red background, I'm looking to get updated screenshots such as this instead of them all looking like that.

The colour of the background is dependant on whether you're creating a hero, villain or rogue. Mine is always blue.

Not only that, but there are RGB options to alter them further. Mine's a dark purple now.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2015, 06:25:01 PM »
So, things like the Holiday Rocket pack (Jingle Jet) would use the same mechanism as the basic flight travel power (with just customized visual/sound effects?  I would sooo love to see the Jingle Jet back some day.   :)

More or less.  However, visual effects and powers that enable custom costume parts might themselves be a long time coming, whether they are for travel powers or otherwise.

umber

• Boss
    • My CoH Characters
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2015, 06:43:57 PM »
The colour of the background is dependant on whether you're creating a hero, villain or rogue. Mine is always blue.

I thought that was the case as well, so far all my screens are red and I've made nothing but heroes.  Made a villain, still red (as expected).  Guess I'll revisit tonight after work to see if I'm wildly misremembering.

Are other folks seeing different behavior?  Can they trigger blue/red backgrounds as desired?

Dyne

• Lieutenant
  • Gluer of Gears
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2015, 08:07:35 PM »
I thought that was the case as well, so far all my screens are red and I've made nothing but heroes.  Made a villain, still red (as expected).  Guess I'll revisit tonight after work to see if I'm wildly misremembering.

Are other folks seeing different behavior?  Can they trigger blue/red backgrounds as desired?

I'm not sure what they are talking about.  Mine is always red as well, and I've never seen RGB options in the UI. I just looked through character creation to double-check. 

Things that do not change the background color:

• Moving through the slots containing characters of various alignments (before getting to an empty slot)
  • Choosing between COH: Freedom and COH: Going Rogue -- which is the only hero/villain/praetorian related choice at the start of the creation process
  • Actually choosing Hero (or a Praetorian faction if you went with Going Rogue earlier) instead of Villain, which I can't even do until the penultimate step of chargen, right after it asks whether I want the tutorial, and right before it asks whether I want to enter the game
  • Telling it not to enter the game, immediately after choosing Hero
  • Entering the game with a hero (or praetorian) and then returning to character select
  • Going to the tailor after choosing a faction

As far as I'm aware, from memory and from looking at videos recorded when the game was live, this is all standard behavior for the UI after it changed for Issue 21.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:16:15 PM by Dyne »
-= Virtue Server - 2004-06-13 to 2012-11-30 =-
hortis publicis gemini in aeternum

Usurper Dyne, Still Heart, River Elemental, Saul Invictus, Grim Grinner

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2015, 09:37:42 PM »
The background is part of the new character creator that came with Freedom, when they revamped a lot of the full-screen UIs. It would be impossible to vary it based on alignment since you don't even select the alignment until the very last step, and then only if you skip the tutorial. Clicking on the 'Hero' button immediately creates the character and zones you into Atlas.

Attempting to change that doesn't belong on the Paragon Chat wish list, since client modding is not one of the goals of the project (and it bends over backwards to be able to use the stock client without modding).

I'm sure the texture can be overridden locally, you might want to start a separate thread about it so that the people who do that kind of thing are more likely to see it and offer assistance.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2015, 12:32:50 AM »
I would like to have my clockwork pet back and be able to color it. ;D

....If not, then if possible, least restore the Badges we can search for and collect  :roll:
while we wait for the game to return.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2015, 06:38:12 AM »
I would like to have my clockwork pet back and be able to color it. ;D

....If not, then if possible, least restore the Badges we can search for and collect  :roll:
while we wait for the game to return.

Pets would likely have to wait for NPC spawning, plus additional NPC AI.  That could take a while.  Things like exploration badges are probably simpler in some technical respects, but could still take significant amount of time to add as its not a high priority item compared to a lot of other things (like getting travel powers working so we don't have to jog everywhere, for example).

In the meantime, we have to create our own fun.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2015, 06:50:18 PM »
All quiet on the western front...

I wonder if the 'interim' 1 point planned updates will be rolled into the travel power update for a 'big' update to be released in time for the '3rd' anniversary of CoH's closure?

I'm sure looking forward to the travel powers...

Azrael.

PS.  I have one wish list idea for when powers come back in the years(?) ahead.  Can I have an 'over clocker' tool for recharge?  I'd love to be able to over clock Arcana's crazy fast 170% recharge on that En/En build.  Ok.  So the request is tongue in cheek.  But hey, they do it with cpus and gpus....
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 07:09:46 PM by Azrael »

Eventine01

• Underling
  • Cole did nothing wrong!
« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2015, 10:48:18 PM »
Those people won't have GM tools in the public Pocket D. Only server admins will have those tools in public zones.

Once the private instance support is finished, they'll have GM tools in their own private copy of Pocket D should they create one. But you won't have to deal with them unless they invite you to their instance and you accept. And even then you can leave at any time.

Concerns alleviated. Thanks!

Lord Nightmare

• Minion
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2015, 05:20:28 PM »
Yes I'm necroing, I'm evil who cares?

Now could these "dummies" potentially be made to look like any form of NPC like, say...Longbow? And maybe have a form of health? And maybe be subject to physics which would cause them to fly all over the place?

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2015, 06:44:11 PM »

Now could these "dummies" potentially be made to look like any form of NPC like, say...Longbow?

Yes.

And maybe have a form of health?

Unlikely for a very long while.

And maybe be subject to physics which would cause them to fly all over the place?

Probably.  But actually creating the part where you could hit them and subject them to a physic effect, that will likely take longer (implementing physics itself is probably easier than implementing enough of the powers system to actually invoke it, since physics support is something the client is capable of doing in theory on its own).

syberghost

• Underling
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2015, 07:16:28 PM »

Now could these "dummies" potentially be made to look like any form of NPC like, say...Longbow? And maybe have a form of health? And maybe be subject to physics which would cause them to fly all over the place?

Obviously the priority should be on making them look like Skuls. Because then we can Go. Hunt.

Lord Nightmare

• Minion
« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2015, 07:26:44 PM »
Obviously the priority should be on making them look like Skuls. Because then we can Go. Hunt.

Oh you heroes and your love of Skuls. To busy going and hunting to save the fools in Red and White.

EsTrella

• Underling
    • S-Men Heroes' Biographies
« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2015, 02:48:39 AM »
So, I'm not used to doing what my friends call "forum surfing", basically going through forums trying to find answers, so I'm just gonna ask my questions in here, since it seems the best place:

Do I need to do anything special to update my Paragon Chat launcher, or does it do that automatically?
Will characters I make on Paragon Chat transfer over to CoT when it comes out?
What Forum should I go on to see new updates that come out for Paragon Chat?
Lastly, can someone give me an estimation to tell my Dad as to when Paragon Chat will have NPCs to fight and a form of XP and leveling up?

Thank You for your help!
~Es

EsTrella

• Underling
    • S-Men Heroes' Biographies
« Reply #214 on: September 19, 2015, 02:52:53 AM »
Something I RALLY want CoT/ Paragon Chat/ WHATEVER! to have is pet cusimization, CoH didn't have this, I feel like in the power custim. when you make your character is a good place to put it, like, you should be able to choose how your zombies look and stuff like that
~Es

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2015, 03:21:36 AM »
So, I'm not used to doing what my friends call "forum surfing", basically going through forums trying to find answers, so I'm just gonna ask my questions in here, since it seems the best place:

Do I need to do anything special to update my Paragon Chat launcher, or does it do that automatically?
Will characters I make on Paragon Chat transfer over to CoT when it comes out?
What Forum should I go on to see new updates that come out for Paragon Chat?
Lastly, can someone give me an estimation to tell my Dad as to when Paragon Chat will have NPCs to fight and a form of XP and leveling up?

Thank You for your help!

Something I RALLY want CoT/ Paragon Chat/ WHATEVER! to have is pet cusimization, CoH didn't have this, I feel like in the power custim. when you make your character is a good place to put it, like, you should be able to choose how your zombies look and stuff like that

If you have the latest version, the launcher should update automatically.

CoT, City of Titans, is an entirely separate project. Characters will NOT transfer over. Same thing goes for the other successor projects, Valiance Online and Heroes & Villains.

The forums you're on here. Specifically: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/board,190.0.html (http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11060.0.html usually is updated with changes, although I don't know if a new one will be made for versions 1.0 and up)

For NPCs and XP... nobody knows. Paragon Chat is just a way to use the City of Heroes game client. It was connected to a server when the game was active, and that server contained lots of information that is needed to recreate the game, and reverse engineering it is likely to take a very long time.

Pet customization was never added to the actual game, so it is likely to not be added here, as such. However, I suspect that with the ability to modify costumes in the actual code and spawn NPCs while in developer mode, there's a good chance someone will make something that allows you to spawn a character with any saved costume to follow you around.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #216 on: October 05, 2015, 10:24:48 AM »
I was wondering what is currently being worked on by Codewalker & Team for PC, as I was flying around the different zones last night deciding what I could do with my time, but just ended up touring the zones once again. Listening to the different music for various areas and remembering the good days when the game was fully live, teaming with friends and some good PUGs.

Thought it would be good to try and find the exploration badges again, which was fun for a time but not as satisfying when not receiving the pop up alert to advise new badge gained, looking forward to the day badge collecting will be implemented if it's going to be even possible again time permitting as well.

Just glad I'm able to have a fly around when feeling down due to the game not being around in all it's glory, just hearing the Atlas Park music makes me smile. Thanks for all your hard work Codewalker & Team.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #217 on: October 05, 2015, 03:50:56 PM »
At the moment the only thing I'm working on is surviving a stressful relocation on top of an already-too-full schedule. I think the worst is over now, but I haven't even had enough free time to get my development environment set back up, much less do anything with it.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #218 on: October 05, 2015, 07:19:55 PM »
At the moment the only thing I'm working on is surviving a stressful relocation on top of an already-too-full schedule.

I don't recall this being on the roadmap.  Probably a last minute addition by marketing.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #219 on: October 08, 2015, 01:40:29 AM »
I don't know if the client makes any distinction between them and any other door on a map, but if it's possible to distinguish someone interacting with a transport object (i.e., portals, ferries, trams), would it be possible to make doing that bring up the mapmenu for zone selection? Because you'd be able to go anywhere from a portal, tram, or ferry, it wouldn't be an accurate recreation, but it would give a little more feel of things working again.